(Chapter 72) Look at me Rukia!

"Rukia wait!"

She stop in her steps for a second, his voice cutting her like knife, new found emotion towards the male, which she kept lock inside of her finally came out, with his words, with him asking her to go out with him, him saying that he... likes her....

"Why do you always do that?!"

He attacked her, making her forget her thoughts for a short while.

"What?"

She replied.

"Shutting yourself out from us?"

He asked, in hope that she ll give him answer.

"Dunno."

She typed on her phone, Kurosaki taking it in the end from her hand.

"Give me that!"

Rukia's eyes met his.

"Why are you taking my damn phone Orange haired asshole?!"

Ichigo put it in his pocket.

"Because I want you to look at me!"

Rukia blushed.

"...."

"Give it back."

She barked at him, her tone serious.

"I won't."

"Kurosaki. Give. It. Back."

He walked backwards, making her go towards him.

"No can do. Since you always look at this little fuck."

He said it. He was sick of that mobile. Her always looking at it when she was nervous, or when she wanted to avoid talking to people, him not even sure what is there to look at.

"Kurosaki. Stop being an asshole!"

She rushed towards him, him actually hitting the wall, her not expecting it, and bumping into him. Her hands out of reflex on both sides the wall near his shoulders, her head down looking at his buttons, being nervous of how close they were.

"If I am being an asshole because I want you to look around yourself and be more confident so be it, but you ain't getting your phone back until you look at me."

She gripped her hands at the wall being pissed off at him.

"Seems you ain't getting your phone back."

He could even admit that he was really and asshole right now, but he wanted that habit of hers to stop. Her to express herself more.

"....."

She lifted her face up, her eyes serious, and if looks could kill he would be long time dead, her lips in thin line.

"Not that hard right?"

He whispered, his eyes different from second ago.

In those eyes, her anger would disappeared, but then she gripped his collar with one hand, surprising him a bit.

"Give me phone now."

Ichigo was disappointed not gonna lie, he thought she would say something more, that she would try to get him back or understand why he did so, but she had no such reaction, making him annoyed wondering why she held it all in, why the need to always be ... perfect.

He took the mobile from his pocket, giving it to her, none of them moving from the positions they were in, he knew that she probably don't see him in that way, since it was sudden to ask her such a question after almost dying in the damn school pool weird way to die right? so he just sighed, Rukia's  hand on his collar, trying to somehow change the situation the both were in.

"Look maybe I..."

He started.

Her eyes were on his, letting his collar go, her phone in her skirt's pocket, being safe and sound from Kurosaki's hands.

Why isn't she looking at it?

His thoughts said, him losing the word he wanted to say.

"You have something on your face."

She said, trying to make him lean near her.

"What? For the fuck's sake why didn't you tell me earlier i probably look so damn stupid you little--"

"Because I was drowning you orange haired fuck. Now damn lean in or I ll kick you!"

She barked.

"Huh?"

He raised his eyebrow.

"Who is gonna kick who?"

He barked.

"I am gonna kick your sorry ass if you don't do as I say right now!"

"HHHHHHHHHHHHHUHHHHHHHHHH WHY WOULD I LISTEN TO YOU RIGHT NOW?!"

"TCH. YOU ARE NOT MAKING THIS EASY FOR ME! YOU SHOULD BE LIKE RIGHT RUKIA SURE RUKIA I LL LISTEN TO YOU SINCE YOU ALMOST DIED OR I SHOULD JUST GO AND JUMP INTO THAT POOL AND DIE SO YOU WOULD LISTEN TO ME AGAIN!"

"Don't."

He said, his eyes shifting away from hers.

Her anger left her, feeling his voice cracking up a bit.

"Then lean on."

Rukia's voice left her lips, eyes clear as the night sky, her voice making him realize that she is okay, alive,  right in front of him, that he was still under the stress and not thinking straight.

"Like this?"

He did as she told him, his face bit closer to hers.

"Close your eyes."

"Huh what the fu--"

"Just do it stupid!"

Her voice shake a bit.

"Fine!"

Rukia stared at his face close to hers, his closed eyes, both in weird position, her tiptoeing to his face, and then placing her lips on his.

He flinched a bit, when she moved, not sure what to say or how to react.

"...how was it.."

She asked raising an eyebrow.

"How was what?"

He asked.

"KISS DAMN KISS YOU DUMBASS!"

She yelled at him blushing.

It was first time that he saw her like that.

"Dunno. I want another one and I ll tell you."

"THATS ASKING TOO MUCH!"

"Is it?"

He asked her.

She was in thought, her eyes looking at his, feeling his hand on her hip, pulling her closer to him.

"Can I do this?"

"You already did it so what's the point in asking?"

Rukia said.

"You can try again now."

Her heart beat was fast, his hand on her hip, voice soft for the first time, kinda calming and eyes warm towards her.

"....."

She was speechless as he leaned on, and their lips met. Eyes closing at the slight peck, both of them trying to figure out how it works, tingles going each others spine at weird sweetness of lips, and then parting away, standing near that wall.

"I ll .... go out with you."

She muttered.

"Alright."

He leaned on kissing her again.