Starshineburst: Moult

Request: what if Error was secretly a fallen angel but was discovered by everyone during his wings shedding feathers for new feathers to grow?

It was always a pain, once they had been perfect... golden white in color that never became damaged.

But this was his choice, the feathers were black and moulting now.

Carefully he hand his yellow tipped fingers through his feathers, feeling relief as the damaged ones released themselves.

He could feel the new growth coming in nicely, and it looked like this rare moult of his would be a short one.

Error was not looking forward to the next part, he had to destroy the remnants of the moulting feathers so no one could find them.

Which is why he'd come to his secret spot in Outertale, where he'd drop them into the void.

Sighing he stretched, and stretched.

Huge ebony wings as dark as the night sky spread behind him, if one looked close phantom sparks of gold seemed to appear briefly giving the illusion of stars twinkling.

Only the wings remained of his true self, having sacrificed it all to fall.

"Idiot Painter," he sighed.

He'd fallen to keep the balance, knowing that as he was he wouldn't be able to slow down the cancerous growth of Ink's creating.

Error... no Aziraphale missed home, home he would never return to.

That was the true price for following father's request.

A strangled gasp caught his attention, and the fallen angel now destroyer spun around.

"Crap," he swore, apparently Ink had found a feather he missed while grooming that floated away.

He wasn't quiet sure how, the Star sans and Nightmare's group both arrived without him knowing.

Looks like this secret was out.