Chapter Thirty One

Amara POV

Me:Why can't I go?

Ruby:You're pregnant! You are close to popping and the last thing we need is Omar in the middle of this mess.

Me:For one. Let me worry about my own kid, and two! What could possibly go wrong?

Jamal:Cuchillos killing us.

Me:I was with you! She took me as well so if you're good as dead so am I.

Cesar:Oscar won't allow that.

Me:He won't allow you guys to die either. Give him more credit.

Ruby:I'm keeping my distance from Jasmine, I don't want her hurt.

Me:Awww that's so sweet of you Ruben... But that's you.

Jamal:Rosè said that she's gonna kill us whether or not we find lil Ricky.

Me:Not if she's gone first...

Monse:What's on your mind?

I grin and scoot closer.

Me:Three thing about Oscar? He hates being dismissed, disrespected and you threatening Familia. Cuchillos did all of that, he's done playing as her guard dog for the Santos, but she doesn't know that.

Cesar:So what are you saying?

Me:Easy, we get Oscar to set up Cuchillos.

Ruby:And who's gonna kill her? Santos won't do it. Their terrified of her.

Me:What little purple bastards have been running around here causing trouble?

Monse:19th street... But how can we know they can be trusted?

Me:Because if don't do it? They'll lose everything to the Santos and the Santos will lose everything to my family.

Ruby:A out of state gang can't take over.

Me:*scoffs* And why not? All it takes is the right people to come and shake everything up. How did the prophets lose everything? Because of Cesar and Oscar, the right people came and blew it up.

Monse:How do we even know if this will work?

Me:Because me and Oscar already talked about it. He's already talking to Cuchillos as we speak.

They frown and look at each other and I grin.

Cesar:You guys planned all of this already?

Me:Duh, once Oscar say 'no más!' baby it's a wrap. He's not letting this gang shit tear his family apart anymore. He's not letting innocent people get shot anymore. He's not letting innocent kids get themselves into trouble by simply looking for neighborhood myths.

They look at each other then they all take a deep breath their minds slightly more at ease. I take a deep breath and look at my phone.

Me:But... We may not be able to live in Freeridge anymore....

Jamal:What? Why?

Me:If the Santos find out he set up Cuchillos? It can go one or two ways.

Ruby:They put a green light on you guys.

Me:Yup or two...

Cesar:He takes Cuchillos spot.