Chapter Forty Eight*

This is gonna be short unfortunately and the last Chapter.

Omar POV

I look down at Lydia her arms wrapped around my arm, I look over at my parents dad is whispering into her ear making her giggle as Enzo pretends to read the book my mom reads to him daily. Aaliyah asleep in dad's arms. I miss being that little, ironically I don't even remember being that little but I have memories of around that time.

Lydia:What are you thinking about?

I look at her and I sigh pushing myself farther into the seat, looking outside.

Me:How I got us into this mess.

Lydia:Don't worry, it was self defense.

Me:Doesn't matter, that shit is gonna bother me, ma and dad told me to stay away from them and I didn't listen.

Lydia:Come on this is mom and dad they never held our mistakes against us. Especially ma. If anything I'm surprised uncle Manny isn't trying to kill you.

Me:Don't speak too soon ma been holding him back. Dad's been silent.

Lydia:They're hurt, they don't want us apart. I think they'll move back down here soon. I seen papi showing ma some places on the beach.

Me:I don't want them to up and move.

Lydia:I think it's more to it if I'm being honest, ma always said she'd easily move back if dad wanted to. But dad never wanted to.

Me:Dad hates Freeridge.

She shrugs and we get silent for a minute before we hear the pilot tell us we are about to land. We put our seat belts on and I see mom look over at us, once we catch eyes she smiles and I smile back, she always look like she's hiding something, how did someone who always looks mischievous get with someone who is always suspicious of someone? Maybe that's why opposites attract. Lydia is so much like mom, and Enzo is nothing but Dad. And I'm here, messing up my family because I'm a stupid ass idiot.

Dad:Aye.

I look over at Dad seeing them standing up, I unbuckle myself and he hands me my bag, I take it and we let mom, Lydia and the babies first, as I walk infront of dad his hand clasps my shoulder. We continue out grabbing our stuff my dad ends up with Enzo over his shoulder because he kept trying to get on the conveyor belt.

When we make it outside we see my grandma, Lydia runs to her we pack the bags inside the trunk before getting in but not before my grandma kisses my forehead tenderly. I smile and she rubs my cheek before we get inside. My mom is in the back her arm reaches over and squeezes my cheek like some old lady and I chuckle moving away.

I look out the window as my dad and grandma talk, mom and Lydia talking while Enzo plays with my hair. When we make it to the house I'm directed to my new room. I look around my moms old room, pictures I've seen a million times before hit different now that imma be seeing them more often than not.

Dad:Hey, you okay?

I turn to him and nod before sitting on the vanity chair. He sits on the bed and looks around before chuckling.

Dad:This place has so many memories. Come on I gotta show you some shit, especially now that you'll be here.

I stand up and walk in front of him we walk downstairs and see Mom, grandma and Lydia sitting there they look to be having a serious conversation.

Dad:I'm taking him out, we'll be out for a minute.

They nod and we leave out. Walking down the street my dad looks around his serious mug growing as he nods to a house we look at it, it looks like a trap house.