Chapter Twenty Four

Amara POV.

I walk to the lunch table as Monse says something about safety.

Me:What?

Jamal:Oh so now you're in? Because I thought you said we could suck a butt.

Cesar:Hey she had an unexpected visitor last night.

Monse:I can speak for myself thank you.

Cesar:You can't sleep by yourself.

Monse:Dick.

Cesar:Exactly.

Me:Damn, back to your corners guys.

I feel my phone vibrate and I pull it out, Ruby sits next to me and they listen to him.

Oscar🧡: When is your free period?

Me:in a few minutes... Why?

Oscar🧡:We need to talk.

Me:Bout?

Oscar🧡:I'm coming to get you...

Me:Don't I drove, I'll come to you, you at your crib?

Oscar🧡:Yeah.

Me:Be there in 10

I look up as the guys start to sit back down. Did I miss something? I was only looking down at my phone for four minutes!

Me:I gotta go...

Ruby:You can't leave when we are making plans!

Me:Text me, I'll be there... Probably

Cesar:Do they?

Me:Nah, I don't want to yet.

Cesar:Okay...

I grab my apple juice and dump the tray. The last thing I want is Monse judgey ass all up on me and Jamal's extraness, Ruby and Jasmine are the only ones I'd be cool with knowing I'm having a kid. But soon everyone will know, oh well I made this bed might as well make it comfortable.

I sign out for my free period and drive to Oscar's house. Once I make it inside he sits on the couch, I follow and look at him.

Me:What's up?

Oscar:You got something you want to tell me?

That phrase is never good. I lick my lips and shake my head frowning.

Me:Nnnoo, why? What's up?

He does that where he licks his lips then wipes his whole lower face. He's frustrated.

Me:Before this goes left, why don't you tell me what you think I'm not telling you?

Oscar:You still thinking about moving back to Chicago? Really? Knowing that you are pregnant with my kid? Really?

I stand up and he follows I push my headband back into the correct place and look at him.

Me:Don't look at me like that Oscar.

Oscar:Dont tell me how to look when you're thinking about leaving and taking my kid away from me!

Me:Did you forget what happened when I told you the first time?! You fucking flipped! You told me to get the fuck out of your car! The same car you fucked me in the fourth time you've ever spoken to me! Or was it the third? I forget.