Chapter Thirteen

Amara POV...

I sit with the gang at lunch as Ruby explains why Jasmine is sitting with us.

Me:I don't mind her, she is just always hyped.

Monse:Couldn't you have just saved a rain forest or instead?

I laugh and she laughs with me.

Ruby:See I knew this would be the issue.

Jamal:Speaking of commitment, we need to make one. What are we gonna do with the cheddar? We need a plan of action ASAP.

Me:You first gotta find a way to recycle it.

Monse:Huh?

Me:You can't spend that money. It's old. And was registered stolen. You need more updated money. You need to recycle it.

Jamal:Fine first thing after school all hands on meeting. This kind of gouda can get ripe real quick. I'm not sure we can handle it if people start sniffing around.

Me:Can't I have practice.

Jamal:Oh you're so useless.

Me:*laughs* Whatever. I'll be around as soon as I'm in clean clothes alright?

Jamal:Okay, so where are we meeting?

Monse:My dad's coming home this afternoon.

Jamal:Okay, so we can't do it at Monse's, my house is pretty tense post-dig debacle, and Cesar never hosts, so ruby it's you.

Cesar:No your mom doesn't want me around.

Ruby:Oh, my moms got a job all week, so we're good. My house after school.

Them:Alright.

Monse:Hey Amara?

I look up at her and nod.

Monse:Have you talked to Tyree since your birthday?

Me:Nope, he blocked my number and hasn't been in school. I think he dropped out. He had alot of other stuff going on low key.

They nod...

Time Skip...

I walk out of practice talking to a friend discussing how to switch up a part of the dance.

Alexa:We can try the tumble then jump up with the kick.

Me:Yeah, it'll give us enough momentum for the kick to look nice. But we have to get it down before Saturday. The last thing we need is for us to look sloppy at our big showcase.

Alexa:Yes! Last year girl you should have seen it! It was so cringe with the last seniors as captian.

Me:I know I Seen the videos.

We laugh and soon her dad pulls up I hug her bye and I get in my car and before I pull off I text Cesar.

Me:Hey where are you? You okay?

Lil Cesar💜:I'm fine Monse insisted on getting me in hostel.

Me:You know you can stay with us right? My mom knows about what happened she's mad at you for trying to do this on your own.

Lil Cesar💜:I can't intrude in you guys like that. It's not right. You guys came to get away from gang mess.

I'm going to fight him.

Me:Boy as long as I'm alive I'll be in gang mess. Cesar your 15 you can't do all of this alone... Your letting Monse help you, why can't I?

Lil Cesar💜:You know how Monse is...

Me:Oh so you don't want me listen to your wishes? Bet I'm coming to get you where are you?

Lil Cesar💜: I'm not telling you, Monse paid for three nights here.

Me:Ill pay her back. Get your stuff.

Lil Cesar💜:Chi,I'm fine! I promise.

Me:Why are you determined to do this by yourself? You rather go through all this shit when you can just come into a home where it's peaceful. You can relax and not worry about anything. You won't be bothered.

Lil Cesar 💜:You sure your mom is fine with me staying?

Me:You want to talk to her?

Lil cesar💜:Okay... But after I stay at the hostel for the next two nights.

Me:Fine. Good night bro, love you be safe. Text or me if you need anything.

Lil cesar💜:Love you too and I will I promise.❤️

I pull out of the parking spot and head home. Jamal texted me earlier saying they didn't get anywhere so home I go.

Time Skip...

I walk down the hall coming from my coach's classroom I see the four walking past talking about something.

Me:What's up guys?

They all jump I frown and raise an eyebrow.

Jamal:Are you crazy woman! You can't go sneaking up on people like that!

Me:My bad? What's up whats got you all spooked... No pun intended.

Ruby:Jasmine.

Jamal:The Guawp.

Cesar:Lack of sleep.

Monse:These three.

Me:Yall need a detox, a serious one. How about this, since my mom is going out with auntie Fran this weekend, we can go to my dance, then after go out to eat, my treat and just chill afterwards no Rollerworld talk, no karma plea deals, no gang shit, no Laura Diaz alter ego, just calm regular teenager shit.

Ruby:That sounds fantastic...

Me:Good luck freshmeat.

I walk passed them and to my locker.

Time Skip...

I lay down in bed and watch videos of me and my friends from Chicago. I smile as I see the picture of all me and my friends and other cousins in of uncle Remus, we all throw up GD and a small Tray of the fries from there. I hear the doorbell and I get up. It's late so who could possibly ringing the damn doorbell?

I open it to see Cesar, I shake my head and open the door more for him to enter I pull out the spare twin bed my mom has folded up on the back porch and show it to Cesar. He looks around.

Me:This is my creative room, if you want to watch something my computer is right there it doesn't have a password and if you want to leave the spare keys are in the drawer of the desk. Help yourself to anything what's ours is yours.

Before I can turn around to give him his space he hugs me tightly to him, I frown but hug him back.

Cesar:Thank you so much for everything. You're really a big sister.

Me:*chuckles* Don't trip it's nothing like I said your family I'd do anything for you.

Cesar:Oscar said the same thing.

Me:Hey don't cross him out yet. He knows what he's doing. Give him one more chance. 

Cesar: I dunno about that just yet.