Chapter Forty Two

(Alright just know. I ain't never been to a wedding(my people were married before I was born along with my aunts and uncles so) so it's gonna be sorta scarce so that's just a warning if somethings are outta order or wrong I've been watching weddings on YouTube lol)

Amara POV

Mom:Girl if you don't stop crying! You're gonna mess up your make up!

I feel Monse and Jasmine wipe at my eye line.

Me:What if this isn't a good idea? We're both so young what if we end up killing each other I'm too pretty to go to jail! What if Omar and Lydia hates us? What if I'm not a good wife? What if something-

Jasmine:Amara!

I look at her and she grabs my hands and smiles.

Jasmine:You're a great mother, you and Oscar made it this far and he's always picked you and you've always picked him. This marriage is just the legal statement of that love. Please stop worrying, please calm down. Enjoy your day!

Me:Can one of you make sure the doors of the church is locked and everyone here is family?

Mom:On it baby. You look amazing, I love you. Relax.

I nod and she leaves, Monse hugs me again and heads out, Jasmine hugs me again and she opens the door for my granddad. He smiles and looks at me.

Grandpa:You look beautiful, Mara. Just like your mother.

I smile and we hear the music start, he wipes my eyes with his handkerchief and we head out and wait at the end of the line of the group, I soon hear the song instrumental I picked out as Lydia walks with Omar down the aisle the rose petals being spread somewhat nicely, that's my girl she understood the assignment.

Granddad:You ready?

I nod and soon the doors are reopened and we turn walking in, I force myself to not speed up, I avoid the eyes and I catch his, his are red rimmed, his nose is red too, he wipes his eyes again, I smile a little bit and he gives one back. I feel my eyes water and I try to stop them. We make it to the end and my grandpa hands me over to him after shaking his hand. We stand face to face the pastor speaking but I tune him out until it's time for us to say our vows. I smile and start to speak.

Me:Oscar, if I would have known that going to Freeridge would bring me so much, I would have went earlier so we would have met faster. Meeting you and falling in love with you has been a great experience that I wouldn't trade for anything in this life or the next. So thank you for choosing me after everything we've been through, so for that I promise to be there for you when you're down, up, bald, Grey, burning food and all, you'll be the only one to have my heart and love as my husband and best friend. I can't promise you that everything will be easy or smooth sailing from this point on, but I know we'll make this work because that's what we do, you've always been a great man and father and I can't wait to see you be a great husband, So...

I inhale and he squeezes my hands softly and I smile.

Me:I also promise to listen to you even when I have no clue what you're saying, I promise to always laugh at your jokes and I promise to always support your dreams and goals and help you reach said goals,and like I've always said I've got your back and your side and from now on I'll have it until the end of our lives. I love you.

I wipe my eyes and he looks at me, he clears his throat and speaks.

Oscar:I remember when Cesar first described you to me, I swore I'd hate you and I did for maybe twenty seconds when I did meet you, but I couldn't help but think about you, I couldn't get your smirk out of my mind, I knew after our first conversation I had to make you mine and...Thank you so much for actually giving me the time of day, considering. Thank you for having patience with me and teaching me how to be the best man I can be for you and I promise to better myself each day to be the husband you deserve and the father our kids deserve. I swear to only love you and only you, through any and everything until death and even in death you'll be stuck with me until we meet again in the next life time, thank you for bringing balance into my life and continuing to show me everyday why you're so perfect in my eyes, so I promise to honor you as my wife and best friend, to always be there for you, to make sure that you are at your best and that you know that you're perfect, through ups and downs, the ugly and the pretty, I promise you that whenever you look to your side I'll be there, I promise to protect you from everything that tries to harm you or our children by any means, I'm honored to call you my wife, I love you.