Chapter Thirty Six

Amara POV

Two Days Later

I wake up to someone's phone ringing, I sit up and look around, we are in the back of the impala, shit. I reach over to the front and grab my phone and see it's not mine, I check Oscar's and see it says the hospital. I shake Oscar awake and hand him the phone, he takes it and I get up and step out side. I stretch my body, my family made it yesterday and we've been running up in everyone's houses, registered sex offenders, the neighborhood known pedophile, some other gangs people. And we've come up with nothing. Hammel either, I'm slowly getting deeper into despair this tightness in my chest hasn't gone away and I don't know how to fight it. I've taken myself from college my job gave me paid leave for the situation-

Oscar:We gotta go!

I turn around and see him rushing to the front seat, I slip in as he starts the car and I look at him.

Me:Is Isabella having the baby?

Oscar:She's had the baby.

Me:What? Why didn't she tell anyone?!

Oscar:I don't know! But now they are saying that she's not there.

Me:What the fuck do you mean not there? As in not in bed or recovering? Her and the baby are home already?

Oscar:She was due two weeks from now. And the baby is at the hospital.

Wait what? She left the baby? Why would she leave the baby? Did the baby have complications and she just fell asleep at home and they're just concerned? She's not the type to abandon a child, I mean she doesn't seem like it. Nah she didn't.

We pull up into a parking spot and we get out. I pull up her number and dial it, seeing it's disconnected, the hell? We make it to the front and he tells them why we are here they tell him to go to the maternity ward and when we make it to their front desk I see the lawyer, I grab Oscar's arm and tug he turns and frowns seeing the woman walking up to us.

Oscar:Who the fuck are you?

Me:Isabella's lawyer. Why are you here and not Isabella?

She sighs and hands us some papers, we both snatch them and read over them, I look at him then at her. She forged my signature in adoption papers. She gave up her parental rights.

Me:What the hell is this?! She's gone!?

Woman:Yes, Ms. Kingston, she deemed you the perfect guardian and mother to Lydia.

Me:Yeah if she fucking died! And from the sounds of it she's not fucking dead! Not to mention she forged my fucking signature!

She exhales and I see Oscar just staring at the papers.

Woman:Unfortunately even if she did you are still the new legal guardian of the child due to the fact you personally signed legal papers to step up as maternal figure if Isabella could no longer be around.

Oscar:She left? She left her child? Isn't that illegal?!

Woman:No, because she left her in a hospital which is considered a safe place to leave your children without any problems.

I drop into a squat and shake my head, she left her baby, this bitch really set me up to do this. And I may have done it if she would have asked. My son is fucking missing and now I have to deal with a new born whose mother went awol? What kind of world am I living right now?