Chapter Twenty Five

Amara POV

Me and Manny walk through the hall, he still looks completely mesmerized by it. I laugh and push him.

Me:Why you acting like you've never seen a large school?

Manny:Hell not this big! The majority of the hallways are outside! This is nice!

Me:It's alright, until it starts to get cold.

Manny:Please their cold has nothing on Chicago cold.

Me:*laughing*On bro it really don't. Come on.

We walk over to the group and they are arguing about leaders.

Me:What's the plan?

Ruby:Change of plans actually, we are going over Chivo's house to get a DNA sample to ship out.

Manny: Ain't that a little too far?

Me:They've unburied a casket, nothing is too far at the moment... Well let me know what I can help with, but I'm not going with you to get spit from a old ass man. Let's go manny we have shopping to do. Tell Cesar I'm looking for him if you guys see him.

We walk off and get into my car, I pull off and we drive back towards the house and stop infront of Oscar's door.

Me:Come on.

Manny:I don't feel like moving, bro gone head we just gone end up right back here.

Me:Alright...

I get out and walk up to the house, I knock on the door and a old dude comes to open it, I look at his chest at the fading Santos tattoo, he ain't that bad looking.

Man:Who are you?

Me:Chi, who are you?

Man:Ray, who are you looking for?

Me:Spooky. Is he home?

He looks me up and down and I raise an eyebrow and lean on my hip, think it suddenly clicks Cesar did say his dad came home.

Me:You're their dad aren't you?

Ray:How do you know that?

Me:I'm Cesar's best friend and Oscar's girlfriend... My names Amara.

Ray:Nice to meet you, come in.

I walk in and it smells like cigarettes, which is weird, Oscar hates smoking cigarettes inside he says and I quote, "They fucking stink, smells like wet cardboard and some toxic shit burning." don't ask I don't know.

I turn around and smile at Ray before walking towards the back. I hear moving and I see Oscar putting the box to the car filter thingy in the trash.

Me:Hey baby, your dad let me in...

He turns around and looks toward the house then me. I frown, I'm sure him and his dad aren't on the best of terms compared to him and Cesar.

Oscar:Did he speak to you?

Me:Normal nosey parent stuff, what's my name, who I'm here for, just that. I told him I was your girlfriend and Cesar's best friend.

Oscar:I don't want to share you with my little brother...

Me:Well I like your little brother more than you so... Deal with it.

Oscar:Oh really? That's how it is?

He starts to slowly creep towards me but I step back.