Chapter Twenty Two

Tonya POV (Amara's mom)

I decided since it's the last day of school me and mini me will go out and have a mother daughter day. I pull my phone out and text her. I put it up and pull out of the parking lot. She might be sleep, that girl had been running through flaming hoops being here, that girl knows she's her dad's daughter always finding something to get into.

My phone rings and I see it's the devil.

Me:What James.

James:You talked to mini me? She's not answering her phone, nor is Jamal.

Me:They probably went out and aren't listening to their phones. I just texted her.

James:Alright...

He hangs up and I pull up to the house.

Time Skip... Geny POV

I walk into the house and don't see the usual bunch of kids flooding my house with screaming and schemes. Where is Ruby? It's almost 11.

Mario:Mom, you talked to Ruby?

Me:No! I thought you have?

Mario:Abuela hasn't either.

Me:Did you try and call Amara?

Mario:Yeah, she's not picking up either.

I grab my phone and call Ruben.

Ruben:Hello?

Me:Have you spoken to ruby?

Ruben:No he should be home by now.

Me:Alright.

I hang up and call Tonya.  She picks up automatically.

Tonya:Please tell me that they all are at your house and aren't answering their phones.

Me:Where could they possibly be!

Tonya:I have no idea...

Me:Are you home?

Tonya:Yeah me and My brother are here.

Me:I'm on my way...

I hang up with her and rush back out of the door, Mario following me. We make it to Tonya's house and she opens the door. Jamal's parents are sitting down with James talking to them while pacing the floor. I notice Fran holding a phone up with Monty talking through face time.

Tonya:Did we miss something? Did they say where they were going?

Fran:Jamal didn't say anything.

Monty:Neither did Monse. She said she was going to tell them about her leaving.

POV change Tonya POV..

Geny:Ruby didn't say anything about staying out this late.

James:Do you think they went somewhere?

Me:Amara wouldn't up and leave like that without telling one of us.

Wayne:I agree, Amara would have atleast sent an emoji of where they are, if she couldn't talk.

Geny:Ruby too... Do you think this has something to do with gangs?

Monty:The prophets were taken down earlier today and the Santos has no reason to kidnapped them.