Chapter Twenty Six

Amara POV...

I listen to Jasmine as she tries to get Monse to stop texting Cesar.

Monse:sorry, I'm trying to make sure he's good on the home front.

Me:Did you call him?

She gives me a look and I just hold my hands up and lean back against my bag.

Jasmine:Okay, he has daddy issues, you have mommy issues if you don't distance yourself your gonna have baby issues! Girl don't you remember he betrayed you?

Monse:Yes I remember... You're right Cesar wasn't there for me when I dealing with my mom but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be there for him that's hypocritical.

Me:So why do you care?

Monse:Isn't that your brother in law? Shouldn't you be on his side?

Me:And? Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. But if you care for him don't try to hide it by being angry. Invite him the guys are here.

Monse:I'm glad you said that, because I already did. Has he spoken about me?

Me:All the time, he really loves you Monse. Got his nose wide open girly. *laughs*

Jasmine:I know why you're doing this! It's to shove it in his face to show you're the bigger person!

Monse:No, I'm being a friend thats what friends do.

Jasmine:That actually sounds like girlfriend territory.

Me:*laughs* Aye Jasmine when you gone shoot yo shot with Ruby?

Jasmine:Huh?

Me:When are you going to ask ruby out? I seen him checking you out, no cap.

Monse:Your Chicago is showing.

Me: I seen him honestly checking you out, yall would look like together. You balance each other out.

Jasmine:Girl he is not worried about me.

Me:Then why is he looking at you now?

She turns around and I laugh before getting and walking towards them.

Jasmine:Don't say anything Amara!

I wave my hand at her and walk over to the con man and company.

Me:Who cooked that shit?

Ruby:Jamal did.

I look at them like their crazy. They're gonna kill people.

Me:Jamal can't even butter toast how can he cook chicken?

Ruby:I need the money for my family.

I sigh and put my hand on my hip.

Me:Just don't make nobody sick with that underground pigeon meat. Give me two.

Jamal:I thought it was piegon meat?

Me:*scoffs* You thought I was going to eat this shit? Boy no I'm promoting my friends business.

I hand him a ten and he hands me two I walk to the garbage can and throw them out before going to the concession stand and getting water. I get back to the girls and Jasmine starts to talk to me about what colors she wants to see me in that I never wear.

Me:Purple ain't my color, it brings out the red in my skin.

Jasmine:Girl please a nice purple velvet mini dress would look amazing on you!