Chapter Thirty Three

Amara POV

I show the man my ID before he takes my test telling to have a good day, I huff knowing I've bombed this test. Fuck.

I throw my shit into the car and sit down, I pull off to my moms house the test obviously putting a bad taste in my mouth. God I knew college would be hard but can the math at least be easier?! I don't even know why I'm still taking math! I'm trying to be a English teacher! My phone rings and I see it's My mom.

Phone call:

Me:Hello?

Mom:Hey baby, I'm assuming you're out of the class?

Me:Yeah, I'm on my way now.

Mom:Is manny at home?

Me:Nah, he's in Chicago he's about to go on black ink crew so he's gone.

Mom:Oh right! Alright well I'll be getting lil man on my way.

Me:Thanks again ma. I appreciate it.

Mom:I got you baby.

We hang up and I continue to drive. My. Life. Sucks. I'm not doing most things 21 year Olds, do even the 21 year old moms do more than me. All I do is study, take care of Omar and work, I haven't been on a date since I was 19 and Oscar took me on that! This is not what I'm supposed to be doing with my life!

I see the old house, Cesar and his goons right there. God I can't stand him now, he's a great uncle but he's still a stupid ass. Oscar's been busy with the new baby and work so Omar's been with me. I have some friends but they definitely aren't like the crew, I miss them but everything blew up before the summer ended.

Flashback few years back

I sit and stare at the young man the cold vibe making me anxious.

Me:Please don't let this mess everything up, Cesar we've been doing all of this to get you out now you're just gonna jump in? Both of you will be out now what? -

Cesar:You can't talk me out of this Amara. Give it up!

I stand up and sigh rubbing my stomach.

Me:I know what you're doing... It's not gonna work, or it just might, but all I know is that once Omar is here I'm not dealing with the b.s especially dealing with the gangs and danger, Cesar I want you in my sons life so please don't ruin everything.

Cesar:Goodbye Amara.

I look at him and scoff.

Me:That's really how it is? You're my best friend Cesar-

Cesar:Get the hell out! I don't care!

I nod and walk out slamming the door, I walk to the car, lil bad ass fucker.

Flashback over

I get out of my car and walk up the steps to the house opening the door, I see my son run towards me, I feel the anger push to the back burner and I pick him up, I smile and kiss him he clings to me I close the door and walk to the living room, I drop down onto the couch and rub his hair back. Thank God my mom braided his hair. I see my mom sit down across from me and I smile at her.

Mom:How do you think the test was?

Me:Ugh don't remind me of that monstrosity. How was work?

Mom:It was alright, classes?

Me:Same old same old. I gotta go, let you get some rest, I know you gotta work.