Chapter Nineteen

Amara POV...

Me:So it worked?

Monse:Yeah, see have faith older one. Cesar can finally relax...

Me:*laughs* alright you were right this one time. I'll give you that Se. Have any of you talked to him?

Monse:No, I was hoping you have...

Jamal:He's fine. Wait. What if they are listening?

Me/Monse:They?

Soon the phone disconnects and I laugh. I throw my phone on the bed and get up. I walk to the kitchen and see my uncle, my dad and oscar talking. I raise an eyebrow.

Me:Whats going on guys?

Dad:You know what Amara.

I look at Oscar and then my uncle.

Me:I plead the fifth, and the baby.

Dad:The baby?

Me:Yup whatever is going on you can't use it against me because I'm the baby on this side of the family and I act on impulse about fifty percent of the time.

Dad:If you don't sit yo goofy ass down girl! *laughs*

I grab the stuff I was intending to get anyway and heat it up. All of them looking at me.

Me:Mind your business. Continue talking like I'm not here.

Dad:When was chicken Alfredo made?

Me:When I made it. For myself.

Dad:This lil girl here.

I smile and grab my food and a fork before climbing onto the island stool and looking at them.

Me:Now can you tell me why, the father, the uncle and the ex are sitting here like the father, the son and the holy spirit?

Uncle:damn homie you ain't tell us she broke up with yo ass. *chuckles*

Oscar:Not for long...

I roll my eyes when he winks at me and I look at them with again a eyebrow raised.

Dad: Amara Alexandria Kingston Why in the hell didn't you tell us you were rolled up on?

I start to choke and I chew the food before glaring at Oscar.

Dad:Don't even think about it little girl.

I wipe my mouth and then turn my glare to my father who makes me break it and look down at my food.

Me:They just came up talking trash, looking for Cesar, they commented on some dumb thing latrelle said about me and they scared ruby. That's it then they left.

Dad:How many were there?

Me:Three...

Uncle:What where you going to do Chi?

I shake my head and stuff my face. My dad takes the food from me and look up at him and frown. I chew my food and glare.

Me:I was going to shoot them...

Dad:Did you reach for your gun?

Me:Yeah, but I played it off as me putting my hand on my hip... I don't know if they caught on but either way they left us alone.

Uncle:Why didn't you shoot?

Me:Huh?

Uncle:Why. Didn't. You. Shoot?