Chapter Thirty Eight

Monse POV

I wake up to someone knocking on the door. I try to pretend to stay sleep so Oscar can deal with it but his snores are now annoying and the knocking won't go away. I move Omar and get out of bed. I close the door and head to the front one.

When I do open it I see Monse and Jasmine. It's too early in the morning for this.

Me:Good morning ladies, to what do I owe the honor?

Jasmine:She had a run in with Vero.

I roll my eyes and walk into the bathroom and wash my hands and face before brushing my teeth, God I just want to sleep in for once.

I walk back out and walk into the kitchen, I pull out things for breakfast and I look at them.

Me:I'm assuming it didn't go too well?

Monse:Is that who Cesar is dating?

Me:Yes. Have been for a minute now, little annoying Brat who thinks everyone wants Cesar, including me.

Monse:But you're dating Oscar.

Me:And that means what to Vero? She almost got her lights knocked out once but Oscar and Cesar saved her ass. But just don't entertain her. After a while she'll become background noise.

Monse:Did he tell you what he did?

I nod and pour the pancake batter onto the skillet.

Me:Yeah, but I'm assuming he didn't do what I advised him to do. Which was apologize to you , not find a girl who would let him disrespect her.

Jasmine:Wait you and Oscar are back together? Since when? Where's Isabelle?

I shake my head and she nods I flip the pancake before she speaks again.

Jasmine:Well, we all knew you two would be back together, you guys are in love, that kind of thing doesn't just disappear, especially if a cute baby is in the mix.

I raise an eyebrow and nod.

Me:Like you and Ruby?

Monse:*scoffs*Don't get her started.

I chuckle as Jasmine bumps her.

Jasmine:We broke up. He said he couldn't find Me in We.

I shrug and look at her.

Jasmine:What? You agree?

I smile and shake my head.

Me:You are a little too forward in ways Ruby isn't so I can see that, but at the same time yall are cute and it's only a matter of time before you get back together and sexing all over the place again.

Jasmine:I hope so, I do miss him.

Me:Then apologize for whatever you did wrong and give him a compliment, we all know he loves em.

Monse:A little too much.

I hear the door open and not long after I see my sunshine walking into the kitchen his fist in his eye.

Me:Morning my baby, you sleep well?

He comes over to me and hugs my thigh pressing his face into it, I rub his head and grab the eggs pouring them into the skillet.

Me:Did you see your aunties?

He moves and looks before waving, they both smile and wave saying soft hellos before he tucks his face back into my thigh.