Chapter Twenty Eight

Amara POV

I sit with Monse as we sit in the very... Pale funeral. Everyone else is coming to the reception. Monse lays her head on my shoulder, I turn my head to her.

Monse:Thank you for coming with me, especially after everything I've said.

Me:Girl it's fine, I'm mature enough to know when to put childish things aside... Besides I told you you're like a little sister to me. It's your job to get on my nerves.

She nods and wraps her arms around mines and I feel her small hiccups from crying, I rub her arm, some old bastards looking over in confusion, I mug them until they go back to minding their business. Rude pieces of shit. I also find it weird that Monse is not sitting up at the front with her siblings and step father but imma keep the peace.

At Reception...
I pick up my phone while Monse talks to Jasmine and call Jamal.

Phone Call

Jamal: Hello?

Me:Where is yo skinny ass at? You were supposed to be here an hour ago!

Jamal:Parental and friendal difficulties. But right now I'm talking to your still mildly and down right scary boyfriend.

Me:Okay? I didn't ask that, I told you to get down here!

Jamal:Woman if you don't stop yelling at me!

Me:You're gonna be the next funeral we attend if you don't get here!

Jamal:I don't have a way...

Me:Ask Oscar.

Jamal:No! Are you crazy!

Me:Put me on speaker.

Jamal:No

Me:I can just call him myself.

Jamal:Speaker you go.

I roll my eyes and once a few seconds pass I use my sweetest voice to speak.

Me:Hi sweetie! Don't you want to bring my slow ass cousin to his best friends mother funeral.

Oscar:No...

Me:I wasn't asking Oscar!

Jamal:And ask him for the deadline...

Me:Huh?

Jamal:Remember what we talked about last night?

Me:Nope goodbye.

I hang up and turn around seeing Cesar walk in. How did he make it before Jamal and Oscar!

He walks to me and hugs me, we go to the buffet and as I stand with him as he looks at the different food items and judges my outfit.

Cesar:You couldn't have found a longer dress?

Me:No because I don't wear dresses, and I didn't want to wear jeans, Besides I look better than you.

Cesar:Oh wow, such harsh words from my best friend.

I roll my eyes and we walk up to Monse and her dad.

Monty:Well how about theirs? I won't leave until you eat something.

Me:The finger sandwhiches a little dry but the creme puffs are decent.

She takes one from jamal's plate and bites into it, he smiles and kisses her head before walking away. I just acknowledged that he's here. Gotta love speeders.