Chapter Two

Amara POV...

How the hell did I get into this shit?! I was supposed to stay outta gang shit here. Now here I am dealing with gang shit.

And right now I'm sitting with my friends who are all talking so fast I can't concentrate at the moment.

Cesar:Yo! One at a time, I'm not following.

Me:Yeah me either.

Jamal: You would be if you answered your phone last night.

Me:Sorry I got held up with something on my walk.

Jamal:Who just walks around.

Me:I do. It's calming.

Ruby:I agree and studies prove it.

Ruby raises his hand and Cesar points to him.

Ruby:Sorry it's excitement. We've been chewing on this for the past two weeks. And it's finally time to move forward with a plan.

Cesar:Plan for what?

Monse:Getting you out of the gang.

They look so happy they thought of that. But Cesar just laughs, until he realizes they are serious.

Cesar:You're serious? Oh my gosh. No! No no no no there is no out. You guys are being naive. Once you're jumped in, you can't get out. Unless you get jumped out, and that's not, you know a option.

Jamal:Why not?

Me:You won't survive the jumping.

He points to me and nods.

Jamal:Oh I see your dilemma.

Cesar:Yeah

Monse:Death isn't the only option, Ruby?

Ruby:So after copious amounts of research, I've formulated a theory at all great things come in threes: The holy Trinity, primary colors, destiny's Child.

Jamal:D.C had four members.

Ruby:But they weren't big until they were three. Which is why there are three common denominators. To end any and all hostile situations I call them the three M's

Murder, money and manipulation.

Ruby:Money, Murder and Manipulation.

Man I'm good at this.

Ruby:No not that one they are watermarked.

Monse: Clearly, murders off the table. The irony would be too much.

Ruby:There's no way we can hustle up enough cash with a car wash to make it worth Oscar's while.

Jamal:Unless

Monse:Jamal, don't. Please don't say it.

Jamal:Getting alot of cash isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Cesar:What are you talking about?

Ruby/Monse:Rollerworld.

Jamal:It's real and 50k is still out there. The dudes that robbed Rollerworld got put away, but the money was never recovered.

Ruby:In the 80s.

Jamal:And the rumor's still rampant! What about the goonies? Some of those kids thought it was B.S. until they found the treasure. And they weren't even--