Chapter Ten

Amara POV...

Me:Why is he cutting his hair again?

Spooky:Because it's tradition.

Me:I mean with my family tradition for the oldest child to cook for the family on  their 18th Thanksgiving but you don't see me in cooking bootcamp.

Spooky:Will you shut up?

Me:Nope, because the last thing I want is my best friend to be looking like my ex fat ass probably 4 years ago.

Spooky:Imma kill her.

Cesar:Can you both act your age?

Me:I just asked a question. He's the one who got snappy.

I roll my eyes as he pulls his head back turning on the clippers.

Spooky:There's no room for remorse. The prophets are shit. They want to exterminate us cause they fear us. And they should. We're the future, lil spooky. This is our hood. I know you question what you did. But you did what had to be done. You handled your shit. You ensured your future. I'm proud of you. We're proud of you. You're a Santo.

I see him pale alittle as he gets up to throw up. I shake my head.

Me:You ain't shit Oscar.

Oscar:I'll finish in a minute go clean up.

He grabs my arm and pulls me into his room, he closes the door and gets into my face.

Oscar:What is your problem?! Huh!

Me:You're my fucking problem! He just threw up from what you just said Oscar! You're his big brother you're supposed to protect him its supposed to be you and him against the world! But you're his biggest peer pressurer!

Oscar:This is all I know! This is how I was raised! You think I want this for him? For me! No it's not! But it's the best I can do for us!

Me:Did you at least check in on him about it!? He's gonna have a hard time dealing with that Oscar! He lives with his heart on his sleeve you don't.

Oscar:Maybe if you stopped banyijg him he would be okay!

Me:I'm not babying him! I'm simply looking out for him! I see how this is fucking him up. And I know you can too, I know this isn't all you know but it's a big chunk of it. I know you'd do anything for him at the drop of a dime, I know if It meant leaving freeridge to keep him safe I know you would. That scary macho man thing you have scaring everyone else isn't working on me.

Oscar:And you know that how? Based off the chats we had at night? Wake up that was all fantasy! We live in the real world. We can't just move away from our destiny like you did.

Me:I don't believe that for a second. Because every time you spoke to about him and every time you spoke on how much you want to be better, about your mom about your dad and uncles? I know it was all real. This isn't some fantasy where you call bull shit and I believe it. Whether you want to believe it or not your not this tough, evil, cold hearted man, because, baby you care about your family, about your friends. Stop faking with me please. That's all I'm asking.

He grabs me and pulls me into a hug, his whole body relaxing into me. I hug him back and he pulls away, he kisses me and I don't pull away. I really should I love, Tyree but I also love him. He lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist as he lays us on the bed. I pull away but he grabs my jaw.

Oscar:Please.

I bite my lip and look him in his eyes and nod he gets up and locks the door before turning off the lights and grabbing me again.

I feel like one of those dumb girls from a movie, where they cheat on someone who was perfect for them with someone who could tear them down to the tiniest decimal. I vowed to never be that woman who cheats on a good guy. But now I understand Jasmine Sullivan when she sung in love with another man.

Time Skip...

I wake up to my phone ringing and I sit up and answer, why is Cesar calling?

Me:Hello?

Cesar:Amara where are you and Oscar?

Me:Still at the house why?

Cesar:Ruby and Olivia got shot by latrelle.

Before I can actually comprehend what he said I drop the phone. Tears start to roll down my face but I pick up the phone jumping out of the bed grabbing my clothes. Oscar is awaken but I pay him no mind.

Me:Are they okay?! What happened!

Cesar:He came and ruby noticed him and told me to duck but he shoot him and it went through to Olivia.

Oscar:Amara what's the matter, what's wrong!

Me:Are they at the hospital already?!

Cesar:They are on the way.

Me:We are on the way.

I grab my keys but Oscar grabs them from me and we rush to his car and get in. Within seconds we are in front of ruby's house the EMTs pulling both bodies into the cars. Cesar rushes to us Monse close behind. I watch ruby's small body be lifted into the truck his mom following his dad right behind him. His grandmother following for Olivia. I see Oscar storm to Cesar and grab him up. I call my mom and ask her to come get me and Monse.

Once she comes she pulls us both into hugs. Soon ushering us into the car and drops Monse off. All I can think about is Ruby and Olivia. They didn't deserve that. Cesar spared that punks life just for him to go and shoot two innocent people. Lord please watch over them, allow them to live to see another day. Allow Olivia to see her parents in person again. Allow her and ruby to be together like they should have.

Mom:Get some sleep, baby before you get a headache. If anything happens I'll wake you up. I promise.

I nod but I can't sleep, knowing that I may lose both of my friends or even one, I may not have been as close with Olivia but she was still gang. We had our close times, we've had more than me and Monse.

They're gonna make it. I know it.