Chapter Forty Six*

Amara POV

I lay back into the couch as Omar thinks over everything me and his father just told him. I mean considering what they were doing during their freshman year I consider telling him this very risky. What if he decides on using this as an excuse  to run buck wild?

Omar:So, that's why you're like this.

Oscar:What does that mean?

Omar:No, I don't mean it like that, you guys are probably the best parents a kid can have truly but, sometimes I can see the ghetto pop out with you guys, especially with each other and different situations. How come everyone can go back to Freeridge but you guys? I mean it's obvious that whoever hated you guys are gone.

Me:After they snatched you, me and your dad didn't want to take any chances, and then he got shot, it was obvious something didn't want us there.

Omar:Ma...

Me:Yeah?

He crosses his arms and I raise an eyebrow ready for his smart ass mouth.

Omar:How you go somewhere to get away from ghetto issues just to run into dad who was obviously a menace?

Me:He wasn't a menace he was a bully it's a difference. And he kidnapped me. It's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Oscar:I'll remember that when you need something from me.

Me:Good. But yeah, that's why I always tell you to keep your distance from your lil friend. Because I don't want to send you away because you won't be going to Freeridge you'd be going to Mississippi.

Omar:Yeah, I understand. Thanks for keeping it a buck with me yall.

I roll my eyes and nod, he kisses my cheek and I smile and get up going to the bathroom. I slowly crawl up the stairs, I hear Oscar and Omar continuing the conversation with the others jumping in. I go into my room, I huff at the contractions feeling my daughter start to move too much for me.

Me:Please relax, I understand you're ready to get out here but please chill out . Ain't shit here that fantastic.

I sit on the toilet and I notice that my water had broke, at least not fully yet. Just as I go to text Oscar I feel her move again and that pressure comes along with the sudden gush, okay so my water broke and now I have my Capricorn baby, only 4 days before my own birthday.

Once I'm sure I'm ready to get up I slowly clean up before getting into the shower, as I do I text my mom to get ready.

Once I'm out of the shower I see Oscar and everyone getting stuff from where I'm assuming Oscar directed them.

Monse and Jasmine come up to me.

Monse:Are you okay?

Me:I'm fine a few hicks contractions here and there but I'm fine.

Oscar:Move around.

I cut my eyes at him and he stops crossing his arms glaring at me. I sigh and throw my arms up, Omar keeps looking at me and I smile waddling to him.

Me:This one is going to be slightly different than Cesar's, okay? Grandpa, your abuelito and tios are going to be here, same with your aunts.

Omar:But what if you need to go to the hospital? It's Christmas Eve and the roads are trifling.

I tilt my head and shrug grabbing his hand as I struggle up the stairs.

Me:You know, I got into a accident when I had you, but you turned out okay, they even say girls are tougher than male babies so if you can get through getting smushed by your father's arm in that accident I'm sure she can deal with getting out in some water.