Chapter Thirty Nine

Amara POV

I look at my mom as she picks between the two pieces of furniture before looking at me.

Mom:Do you guys have to leave? I mean you can move farther away.

Me:I can't do that ma, and besides this was only supposed to be for a year. It's making three now. And freeridge is pushing me out.

Mom:I understand, but maybe-

Me:No, you and dad need this away from the mess and you're with your brother and nephew, you love the hospital here, you've made so many friends, we'll be back to visit that's a promise and now you have a excuse to come to Chicago at anytime.

She sighs and nods, I smile and hip bump her.

Me:Plus I can get back to enjoying Chicago's food, I missed my pizza and wings.

She chuckles, I pull her into a hug.

Me:How about vacations we see each other? So basically every other month if not every month?

Mom:I don't want to miss any milestones.

Me:face time and recordings. Plus you know Omar is good at calling you.

She nods and I see the sad pouting, I lean my head on her shoulder and I point to the left one.

Me:That one?

Mom:My thoughts exactly... But for this engagement are you ready?

I look at my finger and nod.

Me:Yeah, I do love him and I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with him.

Mom:That's all I care about baby. I'm glad you found someone who loves you and makes you happy. But now my question is Cesar, what is he gonna do?

I sigh and shake my head.

Me:I don't know ma, he's just trying to be what Oscar was but the Santos aren't going to give that back to them. Not to mention Cuchillos bones have been found so you know what that could mean.

Mom:Is Cesar safe?

Me:If he isn't, he's gonna have to be because he's not listening to anyone.

Mom:Well has Oscar made it clear that he can come with you guys? Maybe he thinks he can't come.

Me:I've told him he can come live with me before moving even became a factor, same with with Oscar he's constantly telling him to come but he's told him to step off. So here we are. Jamal has already added UIC, Loyola and Colombia to his lists.

Once we get a employee to ring us up I add a new bed room set for us and put down the address we will be moving in and once I pay I get a phone call. I smile seeing its Oscar I pick up.

Phone call:

Me:Hey, I just finished ordering our furniture, it should be there within a business week, they said their loading dock is in Illinois so it might be there quicker.

Oscar:That's good to hear, but I have even better news.

Me:I'm all ears for that, what's up?

Oscar:He's coming with us, Mara. He's actually coming with us.

I smile and scoff.

Me:The lil bastard loves making me worry, that's great to hear, what changed his mind? Is he okay?