Chapter Eight

Amara POV...

I walk with Tyree as we walk behind Ruby, Monse and Olivia.

Tyree:You sure they got everything under control? Because we can just get up with em and call it a night.

Me:Yeah, spooky said they got it handled. But you up for meeting my og?

Tyree:You want me to?

Me:Of course! I wouldn't ask if I didn't. Even if you ugly.

Tyree:Oh I'm the ugly one?

Me:Of course! But I still love.

Tyree:Hmmh I love you too.

I hear someone clear their throat. I look at Monse and raise a eyebrow.

Me:What?

Monse:How could you be cuddled up at a time like this? Cesar is in trouble.

Me:He's with Oscar he's fine, as long as he sticks with the Santos he's fine. Latrelle ain't stupid and he's a punk. He only does stuff when it's a crowd. It's only been two days, he had a gun pointed at his head. I would be sorta silent too. That shit gets to you. He's probably here somewhere he's fine.

Ruby:Right with all the Santos at his house its like a safe house he's good.

Cesar:I am all good.

Ruby/Me:What are you doing here?

Tyree:What's up bro you good?

Cesar:Yeah man, I just have a maths test I gotta take.

Olivia:Cesar, you have a green light on you.

Cesar:I'm spooky's brother, I have a green light everyday.

Olivia:Of something happens to you--

Cesar:I'm fine. I'm going to be in and out. Just here for the test, okay? So don't worry, worry about your Quince. Your dress is coming today, right?

Tyree:Oh shit that reminds me! What are you planning to do for your birthday?

Me:I don't know yet, probably a dinner.

Tyree:Okay and after we can hang out?

Me:I like the idea of that.

Tyree:Great. Damn my baby about to be seventeen, they Age so fast.

I roll my eyes and bump him he pulls me closer to him and kisses my forehead. I see Olivia walk off and Cesar tells Monse and ruby to keep her mind off of him and how to be safe because the block is active.

Cesar:I know that you two will be good.

Tyree:Yeah Man handle yo shit we got this.

He daps tyree and hugs me before checking his phone and cursing telling Monse to tell his maths teacher he's sick, before running off.

Time Skip...

I sit with Tyree laying on my lap as we go over some of the material from our classes today. Until he wants to talk about locker room gossip.

Tyree:You know Alex got Cassie pregnant?

Me:Alex Nunez? Or Alex Ortega?

Tyree:Ortega, he said that they just thought she was reacting badly to the Chinese they had on their date a few weeks ago but turns out she was pregnant. A month.