Chapter Fifteen

Amara POV...

As I sit in the car everyone is silent, my headphone in one the other is out. Alot of the swelling is gone now all that's left is the actual damage, they broke three of my fingers and made my ribs tender as fuck but besides that I'm fine. Jamal let's me lay my head on his shoulder as Cesar holds my hand, once I told them who did it he flipped, I made him swear to not tell Oscar he was against it and that it went against the truce but I didn't care, the last thing I want is for more people to get hurt, especially if it is for me.

Once we make it to my house I notice the escalade truck sitting on the street in front of our house. I hear uncle Wayne curse and they help me out. My mom came a hour early to get the house in better order for me I guess since I won't be able to reach over my head for a while. Jamal and Cesar help me walk into the open door auntie Fran has open. I call my mom and she answers from the living room we walk in but once we do I gasp almost falling.

Mom:I'm so sorry baby, I told your father and he was hell bent on coming to see you.

Jamal:Uncle Mo?

Dad:Hey Mal man how you been? You've gotten taller man. What's up Wayne, Fran?

Uncle Wayne: What's up man.

I just stare at them all, uncle Leo standing as tall and big as my dad, my cousin DJ the same way probably taller than both of them. Armani still with his small eyes but I notice all of there eyes are tinted with red, like from lack of sleep. They all stare at me and I look down. Seeing my dad and uncle always made me feel like I am a little girl, a princess they all treated me as such, if I joined that's what my nick name would have been. They still call me it to this day. Before I can help it tears stream down my face. They hudle me and hug me.

Dad:whispering* I'm so sorry this happened to you Princess. Everything will be okay, I promise you that.

Just as he says that I hear the door slam open and they all break away and turn grabbing their guns I turn and see Oscar, his nose flared looking around. He probably can't see me due to DJ and Sean in the way.

Oscar:Where the hell is Amara?!

Mom:Calm down Oscar. She's fine now.

Oscar:Why didn't nobody call me?! Why did I have to find out about her being in the hospital from streets!

Cesar:She didn't want to tell you because she was scared of what you'd do. She didn't want people getting hurt.

Oscar:So what is she? She's nobody?! Where is she?!

I hear his voice crack and I push between DJ and Sean. He looks at me and he freezes I lick my lips and put my head down. He slowly walks to me and looks me up and down, his hands lightly touching the cast on my fingers the gash in my eyebrow my lip. His eyes water before I finally meet his eyes he gently grabs me and pulls me into him I grab his flannel and just take in his smell. He kisses my forehead before pulling away. He looks at the people behind me and looks down at me. I nod and he pulls me into his side I roll my eyes a little. I clear my throat.

Me:Oscar meet my dad's side of the family.

Time Skip...

We sit in silence, well I sit in silence as everyone is trying to talk over the other. Uncles talking to uncles, best friends talking to best friends, cousins talking to cousins and the other three are saying something with Oscar.

Dad:So she's still in gang shit? Ain't the whole point of moving her?!

Mom:It's not her fault! She lives on this side they are gonna target her!