Chapter Seventeen

Amara POV...

Manny: I mean you could just be late, you've been through stress lately, and the test could be faulty, I mean, you haven't had any signs of it.

Me:Yeah but I wasn't stressed.

Manny:You may not think you were but your body may have been, remember you have bad anxiety. For all we know you aren't even late your period could just be changing.

Me:I need to go to the doctor. But I'm...

Manny:Scared of the results?

Me:Yeah... And Manny, how Oscar reacted to it really pissed me off like okay I get it but come on, I'm not ready either but I didn't blow up in your face. I don't care tho b whatever happens he has no say what so ever.

Manny:Period Pooh.

Me:*laughs* Yo shut up you being a bug.

Manny:Nah I'm not. But seriously, if you are pregnant and you decide to keep it, I'll help. No matter what.

Me:I love you Armani.

Manny:I love you too Mara.

I lay my head on his chest as he rubs my back.

Manny:We can go to a clinic.

Me:... Yeah...

Manny:Let's go.

I groan as he pulls me up and grabs my stuff pulling us to my car and getting in. He pulls up the GPS and finds the best local clinic and sets sail.

Me:How do you think my parents will react to this?

Manny:You aren't pregnant, I'm telling you, it's the best friend gut feeling. You've had no changes in your attitude or health. Your fine. Just stressing.

Me:Wanna make a bet?

Manny:On bro we really bout to make a bet over this?

Me:Yop let's see how good your bestie radar is.

Manny:A blue face.

Me:Bet.

Manny:Bet bro.

We laugh and continue to joke around.

TimeSkip...

I sit in English as I doodle in the margins of my notebook. The Teacher talking about a Vignette and how they can sometimes be amazing ways to express yourself when you can't write a poem or write a book. Soon the door is opened and the assiant principal walks in to the class the teacher walks to her and they whisper for a while before the AP walks to the door and motions for someone to come in. I see a tall ass light skin boy walk in, he has some big ass lips but they fit him. He looks around the class some girls making comments about how fine he is but I just roll my eyes and continue to pay attention to my notebook. Soon the teacher introduces him to the class.

Teacher:Ladies and Gentlemen this is a new student here, I'll let him introduce himself.

He licks his lips and clears his throat.

Boy:*Stuttering* I'm - I'm Jidenna.

The Teacher tells him to find a seat and he goes to the seat in the next row and one over from behind me. As soon as the teacher turns around to finish writing on the board the door opens and Tyree walks in. I huff and he finds his way right to the empty desk next to me and sits back putting his arm behind Mines. I roll my eyes and lean up. Soon I feel his breath on my ear.