Chapter Sixteen

Amara POV...

Jamal:No! Why is this here?!

Monse:I'm also a girl who's currently staying alone and hiding 200 grad. I can't keep it.

Jamal:Just so we're all clear, this money might be cursed.

Cesar:Why can't Amara keep it?

Me:Uhh, did yall forget I'm living with a gang member? And I don't know about yall but my momma don't play that if she didn't buy it don't bring it into her house. And also spooky is always going through my shit he'd find it and if not him my nosey ass uncle and cousin or manny.

Ruby:Hmmm interesting. So the naysayers becomes the yessayer?

Jamal:I didn't believe it at first, but now I'm coming around.

I sit listen to all of the shit he's saying and determined that everyone around me is crazy.

Me:The money ain't haunted Freddie and associates died in jail because of gang relations, lil Ricky probably ain't even dead, he's just MIA Oscar never said Ole dude is gone, and abulelita has a chronic arthritis in her hands, she's a seamstress that's usually what happens. Ruby and Olivia weren't even near you when that happened and they weren't in contact with it for that to even bounce onto them. Your case is moot cuzo.

Jamal:You... You have a point...

I roll my eyes and get up before getting up and grabbing my phone. I decide to finally get this over with.

Me:I need to talk to you, it's important.

I know his ugly ass won't see this until he wants to see it.

Time Skip to the Baby Shower...

I stand with Monse and Cesar before Ruby calls us.

Ruby:Free loaders!

Me:I helped yo short ass put half this shit up.

Ruby:I wasn't talking to you Amara... But you too, you always get the job done. Help Mario and uses this if it's ever done. Go.

I look at him and then back to the three.

Ruby:I was talking to them Mara!

Mario:How do you get so much respect from him when he's like this?

Me:Simple, great minds think alike. I get shit done. Let's go.

We walk inside and we look at the half finished crib. I look at Mario and see the stress in his eyes.

Monse:These instructions seem pretty straight forward. What's the problem?

Mario:I Cheated on amber...with Angelica.

Me:Didn't she give you a nice ass shiner at the party?

Mario:Yes and I feel bad because I don't feel bad. I still love Angelica. Should I tell amber?

Monse:No...

Cesar/Mario/Me:No?

Monse:Do you plan to stay with amber? Yeah she's having my kid. I'm not gonna leave my kid.

Monse:Then you can't tell her.

Me:You don't have to stay in a relationship to raise a kid Mario, and yes you tell her because you aren't feeling her your heart is with another woman. And it's better to just get that over with than to lead her on and make yourself miserable and feel like shit.