62

10 years later...
y/n's pov

"what's up CaPo," i tease as i walk into the house.

mark turns around. "please, i'm doing this way better than you ever could."

"we both know the only reason you're not working for me is because i love mattia," i mention.

"so i gotta thank mattia for all my hard work and dedication huh?"

"pretty much," i shrug. "i just stopped by to say hi before heading to Paris."

mark gives me a side hug. "why are you going to Paris?"

"not exactly sure," i laugh. "mattia just wanted to go so here i am, on my way to his jet."

"alright have a safe flight," he waves.

i wave back and walk out the door.

-

mattia's pov

"so all of the sudden you're just in a mood to go to Paris?" y/n asks as she looks out the window of my jet.

"in a good mood today," i say. "plus we can recreate our date we had 10 years ago, do you remember?"

"oh i remember," said y/n as she holds up her wrist, showing the bracelet i gave her.

"10 years together huh?" i put my arms around her.

"only a lifetime more to go." y/n smiles.

-

by the time we land in paris it was close to night time and we could see the sun setting. my driver takes us to the eiffel tower and i lead y/n and i all the way to the top.

"the sunset's beautiful," y/n whispers.

the light breeze passing by gave us a refreshing feeling and the sun going down gave off light that hit her face perfectly.

i make y/n turn to me and i start sweating.

"you okay?" she asks.

i let out a deep breath and hold her two hands into mine. "the moment i met you in that club i knew that you would have an impact on my life. that night, i gained a love that i never thought i'd have and $50 from kairi and alejandro."

"you bet on me?" she shouts.

"baby that's not the point," i cut her off. she laughs a little and let's me continue. "we've literally been through hell together but that's what makes our relationship so worth it. that's what makes you so worth it. all the blood and tears and that we've lost was so we could be standing right here, right now."

y/n nods, agreeing with me. "i couldn't trade it for the world."

"and i wouldn't either," i said. i bend down on one knee, still holding her hands.

"mattia oh my god what're you doing?" she asks backing up a little bit.

"we both saw this coming. i'm finally fulfilling the promise that i made to you 10 years ago: that i'm gonna marry you and that's been my plan every single day."

i take out a box and open it, revealing a diamond ring.

"y/n price," i begin, "will you marry me?"

"uhm let me think about it- yes of course i'm wanna marry you," she shouts.

i get up and she jumps up and hugs me tightly.

we pull away and i take off the promise ring i gave her on her 18th birthday and slide on her new ring.

"i love you y/n price."

"i love you mattia polibio."

-

y/n's pov

"he did not," avani shouts over facetime while i was sitting in bed.

"that ring definitely belongs on your finger," amy agrees.

i was group calling them because i couldn't wait to tell them the news. mattia and i already moved in together cuz it's been such a long time, we didn't wanna wait.

"did you tell your parents yet?" avani asks.

"yeah i told my mom over the phone and screamed loud as fuck," i chuckle. "pretty sure she told my dad through her screams."

"i'm happy for you," avani says sincerely.

"me too y/n. congratulations," amy adds.

"so.. you two wanna be my bridesmaid or what?" i ask.

they both scream loudly and repeated "yes" a bunch of times.

"woah," mattia says walking into our room, "now that's a noise i never wanna experience again." he was caressing his ears.

"it wasn't that loud," avani rolls her eyes.

"i think Kobe heard it from the backyard," mattia points back with his thumb.

"you're being dramatic as always," said amy.

mattia glares at her. "now if you'll excuse me, my fiancée and i are gonna go to bed." his index finger reaches for the end button.

"okay goodnight y/n-"

he cut them off.

"at least let them say goodnight next time," i say turning to him.

"they irritate me— for 10 years they have been irritating me since day 1," mattia jokes.

"and you think i don't go through the same with alejandro and kairi?"

"they're not that bad.."

"they're 28 years old and they still fart every time they go next to me," i point out.

mattia laughs. we both settle into our beds and turn off the lamps on our nightstand.

"goodnight mattia."

"goodnight princess."

.