15

mattias pov

y/n wasn't answering any of calls or texts— i was worried. i decided that when it was late at night, i was gonna go pay her a visit.

"yooo the mafia ball is coming up," alejandro shouts interrupting my thoughts.

all my soldiers and i were chilling in the living room. bored out of our minds.

"mattia do you have a date?" maya asks.

"take y/n," kairi jokes.

"shut the fuck up kai— she's not going anywhere near all those gangs," i snap back and check the time. "fuck i gotta go kill that guy xavier mentioned earlier."

"want me to come with you boss?" maya offers.

no, cuz i have to go see y/n after and i couldn't let anyone know. "i'm fine, i can handle this myself."

i walk out the door and head to my car.

-

the location xavier sent me led me to a bar, all i had to do was wait for that guy to walk out and shoot him. easy kill.

an hour later

i was getting tired until i saw the door of the bar open in front of me. my victim walked out and turned around the corner. i get out of the car and quietly follow him.

once i finally caught up to him, i saw him take out a cigarette.

"who are you?" he asks, looking at me.

"xavier and maria kingston send their regards." i take out my gun and shoot him in the head.

his body falls back and the cigarette fell out of his hand.

calling..
mattia: i need you to hide a body for me.
soldier: yes boss.
mattia: i'll send you the address. i gotta go.. run some errands.
solider: i'll be there soon.

i put the gun back in my pocket and drive to y/n's house.

when i get there i see cars parked in the driveway. guess i gotta go through the window.

i go to the side of her house and make my way up the walls.

knock knock
i tap her windows because she had her curtains down.

y/n's shadow comes closer. "mattia? what the fuck you doing here?"

"thought you'd be happy to see me princesa," i smile.

"you need to go. now. my parents would not be happy to see you," she responds.

"i'll be polite and introduce myself. they'll love me."

"yea.. i don't think that'll work.." she replies.

"why not?" i raise my eyebrow. why is she acting so weird?

"mattia please just leave," she begs.

"well when can i see you again?"

"never. i can't talk to you anymore. just go. i mean it." she pulls her curtains and walk away.

i don't care what she says. there's no way i'm cutting her out of my life.

y/n's pov

3days later...

for the pass few days my dad and mom have been teaching me the mafia ways and i even got that cobra tattoo on the side of my arm.

i got to practice with a gun and turns out i'm pretty good with it. i dont know how that makes me feel.

"you're a natural mija," my mom says clapping.

"yea.. i guess," i say.

"we have a date prepared for you," my dad informs me. "for the ball."

".. you're pimping me out? what—am i gonna have an arranged marriage too?" i say, folding my arms. he shows me a picture of the guy. "oh wow okay tell me more dad."

"this is mariano castano, he's the future capo of  the dragons and a fine young man," my dad smiles.

"your dad was fan boying over mariano on our business trip," my mom laugh, "i dont blame him, he's a nice boy."

"are the panthers gonna be at the ball?" i ask.

"yes...i hope you're still not thinking about that mattia boy," my dad glares. "dont tell me you like him."

"no i dont," i lie.

though i genuinely think mattia likes me, but our situation is really complicated. i just hope one day my dad doesn't ask me to kill him.

"mija i have a mission for you," my dad says.

"already?" i ask, worried.

he nods. "tonight you will go over to the Polibio's house and steal something from them. anything. i just wanna see how skilled you are in this department."

my heart was racing, what if mattia sees me. "can i wear all black or something?"

"yes. wear what you want. it's your mission."

fuck.

1am

my mom and dad drive me over to mattia's house and it was pitch black inside, telling me everyone's sleeping.

"you got this baby," my mom says.

i get out of the car and ran to the front door. using a bobby pin, i unlocked the door and made my way in.

for an all powerful mafia, they really need better locks.

i get to the stairs and run up trying to find the room with all the files.

i point my flashlight at everything and saw something that looked important so i just grabbed it.

good enough. i left the room and went back to the stairs. when i get halfway down the stairs i hear mattias voice.

"hey!" he shouts. "soldiers, we have an intruder." he takes out his gun and starts shooting.

fuck.

i run faster and dodged every bullet but he managed to lightly graze my ankle. good thing i had my hood up so he couldn't see my face.

alejandro and kairi started shooting at me but missed once i got out the front door.

my mom opens the car door for me.

"get in," she shouts. "hurry."

i jump into the car and before the door can close, my dad already started driving.

at home

"mija, these are their future shipments," my dad says with satisfaction in his eyes. "now we know where to go so we can steal it from them."

"good job baby," my mom kissing me on the side of head.

i smile lightly but still felt guilty..

but the adrenaline i felt was nothing like anything i've experienced before. maybe i was meant for this.

.