9

mattia's pov
"dad?" i shout, "i'm home."

i see alejandro and kairi walk downstairs.

"how was your date?" kairi asks.

"dude i have to tell you guys something," i whisper.

"what is it?" alejandro asks.

"so, i left y/n for a little bit outside and-"

kairi gives me a face. "bitch.. you left a girl outside alone????"

"because my dad called me but that's the thing she-"

"mattia what if someone tried to hurt her?" alejandro interrupts me.

"someone did try but then-"

"mattia polibio how could you leave that poor girl all by herself," kairi shouts. "you dick."

i slap my forehead. "can you guys just let me finish? goddamn."

alejandro and kairi sigh and nod.

"anyway..." i continue, "someone tried to hurt her but then she fought them off."

"what do you mean?" kairi asks.

"it was like, she knew how to fight.. like the way we were taught how to fight," i say.

alejandro moves his head back a little, shocked. "mattia you know the way we fight is for.."

"yes i know, we hurt people, we kill people blah blah but i'm telling you, she could almost fight as well as me," i tell them.

"we should do a background check on her," kairi suggests. "what's her last name?"

"it's-" but then i stop because i realized i don't know her last name, she never brought it up. "i- i don't know.."

"ready to go?" my dad interrupts as he walks down the stairs.

"yeah," i answer.

"alright, stefano and luis are already in the car waiting outside. let's go," my dad says.

alejandro kairi and i follow him out the door and drive to the docks.

at the docks
"shipment should be here soon," stefano informs us. "we said 11pm sharp."

not long after, a medium sized boat appears in the distance.

once they get to the docks, they drop the anchor and walk down from the boat.

"Giacomo, Stefano, Luis, long time no see," our supplier says. "are these your boys?"

our fathers nod.

"mattia, i heard you're going to be capo soon," the guy says.

"you heard right sir," i say confidently.

he nods in approval.

"boys!" he shouts to his worker. "bring the case out."

"yes boss!" they shout back.

one of his workers bring out a big brief case in front of us, then we heard gunshots.

i duck and turn to see who it was.

damn Cobras.

one of the bullets hit a worker and he falls down, dropping the briefcase.

i pull out my gun and shoot the car window, making them stop where they are.

"hold your fire," my dad commanded. all our workers lower our gun.

someone steps out and smiles.

"how'd you know we would be here," Stefano asks.

the Cobra chuckles. "you know that man you guys killed the other night?"

yes, i was the one who killed him.

"well, we have a recorder on him, so we knew everything about tonight," the cobra tells us. "since you killed one of my guys, imma need to kill one of yours. blood for blood."

he takes out his gun and shoots another worker. while we watched the bullet hit him, one of the other cobras runs to the briefcase and picks it up.

"no!" i shout. i aim my gun at him but missed. he turns back and shoots at us, grazing my dad in the shoulder.

"Giacomo," kairi shouts and runs to his side. luckily my dad had a bullet proof vest on.

i aim at the main cobra and managed to graze his waist and he shouts in pain.

"we got what he needed," he shouts at his worker. "get me to our doctors! now!"

his team pulls him into the car and they drive off. i run after them but gave up once they were long gone.

"fuck," i whisper to myself.

at home

when we all got back to my house, we sit on the couches.

"was that briefcase important?" i ask my dad.

"yeah, it would've definitely helped us," my dad says wiping his face. "they were a really special drug that most gangs have been trying to get their hands on. i know people that were willing to pay big money for it."

"why don't we go to the Cobras?" alejandro suggested. "they came to us, let's go to them. mattia already injured their leader, they're weak right now."

"that wasn't their leader," Luis corrected him, "and even if we wanted to, we couldn't go to them, cobras change their hideouts often. no one has been able to find them for years." 

i was mad at myself for letting them take the briefcase and letting a worker die on my watch. i guessed kairi noticed.

"tia, it wasnt your fault, they caught us by surprise," kairi comforts me.

"i'm gonna go train," i say standing up.

"i'll come with," kairi says.

"me too, i could use the work," alejandro adds.

"boys, don't be too hard on yourselves," stefano shouts.

"tomorrows another day, i'll find you guys a new mission," my dad tells us.

"yes capo," alejandro, kairi, and i say simultaneously.

y/n's pov
1am

i was staying up listening to music in the living room until i saw the door open.

"mike? are you okay?" i see him limp in.

"yeah yeah i'm fine," he brushes me off.

i look at this waist and saw a bandage around it.

"what happened?" i ask.

"i cut myself," he chuckles. i can tell that he's lying.

"but i went to the best doctors and i should be good tomorrow morning. i just came to check up on you."

"okay.. well i hope you feel better.." i tell him.

"i will. goodnight kiddo," mike says walking out the door.

"goodnight.."

what the fuck happened to his waist ?

.