56

mattia's pov

the next day

when i walked into the warehouse i saw melanie walking around, remembering what happened last night.

"hey," i said awkwardly. "i'm sorry about last night. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"i know," melanie says quietly, "but i get it, no one will ever be like y/n."

"i appreciate everything you've done to help me get through this. i really am grateful for you," i mention.

"i know you're still grieving but when the time is right, you know where i'll be."

her answer was bold and unexpected.

"MATTIA," kairi shouts running towards me. "we got eyes on Xavier."

"oh my god," i reply, "where?"

"south city," he tells me. "it's about a 4 hour car ride."

"nah fuck that, tell someone to fire up our helicopter," i ordered. "it'll take us 45 minutes with it."

kairi nods and went to our transportation man.

"are you ready for this?" melanie asks me.

"i've been ready for this," i answer.

-

alejandro kairi melanie and i boarded the helicopter and made our way to south city. i was dying to get my hands on Xavier.

y/n's pov

"are you ready for this?" troy asks as we gear up.

"i've been ready for this," i reply.

anthony loads the bomb into the truck carefully. "you guys know you can't messed up anything right?"

"i know," i clarify.

avani and anthony got in the front of the car while troy and i sat in the back, then we made our way to Xaviers hideout.

-

"woah.." i mumble. "this is why they've been so hard to locate."

xaviers facility was well built and had the type of machinery to shield them from being found by other technologies.

anthony parks a far as we examine the perimeter.

"fuck," troy whispers.

"i forgot Xavier doesn't like uniforms. they're all dressed differently," i stated.

"let's hope our acting skills are enough for this," troy says getting out of the car.

i follow him and we open the trunk to take out the bomb.

"we'll be out here," avani says.

"stay safe you guys. we worked hard for this very moment," anthony adds.

troy and i nod and walk towards the building with a handkerchief over our mouths and sunglasses over our eyes.

"stop," said a soldier. "what do you have there?"

i cough. "mr. kingston requested a special delivery that he'd rather remain a secret."

"mr. kingston isn't here at the moment," he says.

i widen my eyes. "when will he be back?"

"soon. but you may head in and set it down in his office."

"thank you," troy says and we walk in.

"should we wait for him get here?" i whisper.

"there's no way we're gonna go unnoticed," troy replies. "we can either leave and have nothing accomplished or at least destroy everything he has in this building."

i nod. "i understand."

we continue walking up a couple flights of stairs until we reach the floor we thought was good enough.

"here's good," i said.

we set the bomb down and walked back towards the stairs to head down.

"hey," someone shouts at us. "you look familiar, do i know you?"

i stop walking and turn around slightly. "no probably not."

the solider jogs up to me and i walk a little faster with troy. but he managed to rip my hankerchief from my mouth.

"that's y/n price," he shouts.

troy and i run and dodge the bullets that were flying  at us.

i take out my gun and shot anyone i could see while troy ran in front of me. the two of us ran as fast as we can and managed to get down to the second floor but the stairs were heavily guarded.

troy takes out the remote, "let us go or this entire place starts coming down."

"you're bluffing," someone says.

"do you really wanna find out?" i challenge.

"and what if i shoot you before you can press the button?"

"then our friends outside will continue our work,"
i lied, knowing avani and anthony don't have another remote.

no one said anything and no one moved.

troy looks at me and takes my hand. "then so be it."
his thumb clicks the button and a huge explosion happens above us.

everyone lost their balance and screams filled the room.

"the window," i point. "jump out the window."

troy nods and we charge to the window and break it while we were in midair. the explosion nearly hit us before we were out of reach.

i landed roughly on the ground and roll on my side a couple feet.

"ow.." i groan.

"we did it.." troy winced in pain.

he gets up and walks over to pull me up.

avani screams in excitement. "YOU GUYS DID IT."

"i can't believe you guys jumped from the window," anthony laughs as they get out of the car.

they run over and give us a group hug and we started jumping up and down. except troy and anthony cuz they're lame.

troy picks me up and spins me around making me laugh and then my eyes met another pair of brown familiar eyes.

mattia's pov

as we approach the facility i saw Xavier and some soldiers get out of the car, heading towards the entrance of the building.

i load my gun and shoot the two soldiers he was with, catching his attention. alejandro kicks the ladder down and i jump down, using the ladder to soften my landing.

my gun aims at xaviers legs and i shoot immediately before he can run.

"you took everything from me," i growl.

"i wouldnt call her 'everything'," xavier smirks.

i hit him across the face with my gun, giving him a deep cut on his forehead.

"i'm gonna enjoy this," i smile.

i start kicked him aggressively and put more bullets in his arms and legs.

xavier coughs up blood. "do what you want, but you can't bring her back." i glare at him. "i won polibio," he chuckles.

"go to hell," i mumble and aim the gun at his head.

before i could pull the trigger, the building explodes making me cover my eyes with my forearm, looking away.

"hey uh was that suppose to happen?" i ask Xavier.

xavier had an angry expression on his face. "troy zarba.."

"whoever this troy is, i'm sure he and i are gonna get along just fine," i chuckle.

i aim my gun back at Xavier until i heard a familiar laugh. my head shoots up and i made eye contact with someone i thought i'd never see again.

i squint my eyes in disbelief. princess?

.