8

mattia's pov
i look to my left and stare at y/n's side profile. god, she's beautiful.

she's definitely different than most girls i've gone out with but i can't let myself get distracted. having someone to care about makes me weak. a Capo can't have any weak spots or weaknesses. i just hope this girl doesn't make me fall too hard.

"we're here," my driver said.

"thank you," i tell him and open the door for y/n.

"i've always wanted to come to this restaurant, never had the chance," y/n says.

"well now you do." i hold my arm and she wraps her's around it and we make our way in.

"table for two," i tell the front desk.

"of course mr. polibio, right this way," the waiter says.

i look at y/n and she doesn't seem to have a reaction to my last name. maybe she hasn't heard of us before.

y/n's pov

polibio sounded familiar but i didn't know where i've heard it from before. clearly, he's an important person for everyone to treat him so respectfully.

once mattia and i were seated, we take a look at the menu.

"look you beautiful princesa," mattia says.

i roll my eyes, i always felt awkward when someone compliments me like that. "thank you, you don't look bad yourself." i wink.

i didn't wanna say anything more, but mattia looked fine as hell. he was wearing a black dress shirt but had the first few buttons unbuttoned, black pants and a black belt. basically wearing all black.

a few minutes later we finally ordered food and got to know each other better.

"so how do you get an education?" i ask, taking a bite out of my steak.

"well it's basically homeschooling but we don't learn what you guys learn. i can't say what but that's basically all it is," mattia vaguely says.

"school isn't so bad," i tell him, "i think you'd like it."

mattia chuckles. "i don't have time for public school, i'm too busy dealing with other businesses."

like breaking into school basements ? "like what?" i ask.

"okay enough about me," mattia ignores my question, "tell me about you."

"well what do you wanna know?"

"family life," mattia says, "hobbies, school, friends etc."

"well, my mom and my dad travel a lot and they're pretty busy too. their friend mike basically looks out after me and he's like a second father to me."

"my dad's a busy man too. but my mom and him make a great duo in their line of work," mattia mentions.

"yeah so do mine," i agree. "i think they really do love each other a lot. i hope i have what they have one day."

"yeah, me too, but i doubt it."

"why?" i ask.

"i just don't think i'd find a girl who'd approve of what i do you know?" mattia says. "and as of right now i'm too busy to get into relationships. my dad's leaving his.. business to me, i need to prepare myself for that."

"understandable," i reply, "just don't work too hard, you need a chance to be a teenager too."

mattia's pov
she was right, i've never really known what it was like to be a regular teenager. the first time i've killed someone was when i was 15 and i've always put the Panthers first.