18

y/n's pov
as i walk back to my parents i saw mattia, alejandro, and kairi look at me with a shocked expression. 

"see that wasn't so hard," mariano whispers.

"i'm so glad that's done with," i sigh.

"mija, you and mariano should go dance," my mom suggests.

mariano and i look at each other and smile.

"what do you say?" mariano asks.

"why not?" i approve.

we lock hands and stroll over to the middle of the ballroom, dancing to the classical music.

mattia's pov
i watch as mariano and y/n slow dance to the music in the background. i let out a soft growl.

"mattia," i hear my dad say. "am i hearing things right?"

"woah dad what are you talking about?" i ask confused.

"that you slept with a Cobra? not just any cobra, the future donna?" my dad says, trying not to shout.

i'm at a lost for words, how did he know?
alejandro and kairi look just as lost as i did, then i saw maya a few feet away from us. fucking bitch.

"mattia polibio. i can't believe you," my dad groans in frustration. "you are to not go anywhere near that girl. understand me?"

"oh i agree," colin price says walking over with his wife around his arm. "stay away from my daughter."

"it's your daughter that's the problem," my dad snaps back. "she manipulated my son."

"dad i didn't even know she was a cobra," i defended.

"she didn't know she was a cobra either," natalie said (y/n's mom)

"you kept that from your daughter?" alejandro asks.

"sorry for wanting to give my daughter a chance at a normal life," colin says.

"well what's was the point of that if you forced her to join the cobras anyway?" i ask.

"watch your mouth boy," colin snaps. "i didn't force her to do anything. this was 100% her decision."

"our daughter knows where her loyalty lies," natalie adds.

"watch how you talk to my son," my dad jumps in.

they glare at each for a bit until y/n comes in.

"woah dad, remember what they told us, no violence," she says, pushing her dad back.

i look down at her ankle and noticed a bullet graze. my eyes widen. 

"it was you.." i say. "you broke into our house and took the files."

y/n licks her lips and doesn't say anything.

"mattia, she's a damn cobra. what did you expect? this is what they do," my dad informs me.

"why?" i ask, feeling nothing but betrayal.

"like i said," natalie cuts in, "my daughter knows where her loyalty lies."

"there's nothing stronger than family," colin mentions, putting his arm around y/n and natalie. "ain't that right mija?"

y/n nods lightly.

"besides, why would she pick a filthy panther who was gonna kill her anyway over her own blood," colin says sternly.

"i would never hurt your daughter— i didn't even know she was cobra until now," i shout.

"mattia take that back," my dad orders. "don't make promises you can't keep."

"but if you knew she was a cobra from the start, my guess is she wouldn't be standing here breathing next to me," natalie points out. "am i wrong?"

i don't say anything and look away.

"hm, that's what i thought," natalie smirks. "see mija, he doesn't care about you, you were just lucky. think about what would've happened if he did research on you sooner."

y/n looks at me and frowns. "i know ma, you're right."

i scrunch my eyebrows together. princesa what the fuck are you saying, you know that's bullshit. " if i wanted to kill you i would've done it already— i had so many opportunities to," i shout.

"well now you'll never have any," colin snaps back. "come on mija, lets go."

he guides y/n and natalie back to the other side of the ballroom.

i sigh in defeat.

"mattia, it's for the better. know where your loyalty lies," my dad reminds me and walks away.

"you okay mattia?" kairi asks.

"i still care about her kai.. why do i care about her?" i answer.

"maybe your dads right," alejandro says, "she's a cobra, you guys can't be together."

y/n's pov

even after all that, i still care about mattia, i don't think he can ever hurt me— not on purpose anyway.

"congratulations." i hear a voice say behind me.

i turn around. "who are you?"

"xavier kingston, future drug lord of the kingston cartel," he introduces himself.

"we're not suppose to be talking," i remind him.

"but i didnt get to talk to you at my club the other day," xavier pouts. "only peace today remember?"

"you were the guy talking to mattia."

"yup.. that's me," he admits. "but since today's the only day we don't have any bad blood between us.. why don't we go have some fun."

"you wish," i scoff.

"i know you and mattia had a little thing going on, but my sister has a thing for him— and if i'm being honest, they're probably going to get married and combine the kingstons and the polibios once and for all," xavier informs me.

i frown and look away.

"don't be sad mamas, let me cheer you up," he puts his hand on my waist.

mariano walks up to us. "remove your hand. now."

xavier scoffs and does as he says. "mariano isnt always gonna be here to protect you. until we meet again." and he walks away.

.