20

y/n's pov

the next day

every morning i've been training more than i usually do. my aiming has gotten better and my punches have gotten stronger.

"mija," my dad says walking into the room, "i have a mission for you tonight."

"what is it," i ask, walking away from the punching bag.

"remember those files you stole from the Polibio's house?"

"yeah."

"well mattia and xavier are supposedly going to a warehouse tonight for new supplies— i want you to interrupt it and take it."

"by myself?" i shriek.

"course not mija, mariano will accompany you. you will both be bringing soldiers," my dad adds.

"when do i get to meet my soldiers?" i ask.

"you already have," my dad responds.

".. i have ?"

"yea, mark and maximo," my dad says.

"woah dad since when?"

"mark and maximo have been working for me for a long time sweetheart. they told me they'd look after you."

i felt anger inside of me, how long have they kept this from me?

"when can i see them?"

"they're coming tonight," my dad tells me. he walks out the of room but stops at the door. "mija, shoot anyone who gets in the way."

"i know dad."

"even mattia," he says strictly. "and wear a bullet proof vest."

i nod and continue training.

later tonight
ding dong

i was at the kitchen when i heard the doorbell ring. when i open it, i saw maximo and mark dressed in all black.

"something you guys wanna say to me?" i say, crossing my arms.

"i know what you must be thinking right now," mark begins, "but our friendship was real."

"even though we work for your dad, our loyalty lies with you," maximo assures me. "always."

i roll my eyes. "whatever. you guys can make it up to me one day."

they nod.

"where's mariano?" i ask.

honk honk

maximo and mark turn around and we see mariano in a car with three more cars behind him. i'm guessing his soldiers and mine are in those cars.

mark and maximo turn back to me. "ready to go?" mark asks.

i tap the gun on my side pocket. "ready."

the three of us get into the same car as mariano.

"hey y/n," mariano greets me. "these are my two soldiers josh and jaden." lmfao idk what other tik tok tokers to use.

i wave to them and maximo and mark introduce themselves.

warehouse

mattia's pov

"is that everything?" i ask.

"should be," alejandro replies.

"make sure you're delicate with this crate," xavier informs us. "shit inside is worth a lot."

i nod.

then we heard multiple cars speeding outside the warehouse.

"mattia, did you invite anyone else," maria asks.

"no.. did you guys?" i ask, confused.

i heard everyone reaching for their guns in case but didn't pull it out yet.

the cars enter the warehouse and i see a couple familiar figures.

oh princesa, you made a mistake.

maya takes out her gun and starts shooting at y/n immediately. y/n dodges them and mariano walks in front of her and starts shooting at us.

while they're doing that, maximo and mark run towards the crate with 2 other soldiers. (jaden and josh).

"what're you guys doing?" xavier shouts to his soldiers. "shoot them!"

i make eye contact with y/n and she gives me a small wink and smirk. oh you're getting punished later princess.

my thoughts were interrupted when i felt a bullet hit my shoulder, making me fall back. it didn't matter, i was wearing a vest.

xavier was shooting at mariano the entire time but mar hid behind a bunch of boxes.

"we got hands on the crate," maximo shouted. "let's move."

y/n peaks up from her hiding spot and shot one last bullet at mayas arm, making her drop her gun. this gave y/n time to run back into the car and get to safety.

"doesn't feel right shooting at her," alejandro whispers.

"as you should," i mumble back.

"i can see she didn't shoot at you either," kairi said quietly.

i smirk. "clear the house tonight, she's coming over."

"that's dangerous," alejandro projects.

"that's why i said clear the house you rat fuck," i respond.

alejandro flips me off.

"damn dragons," xavier grunts.

i look at him and saw a blood stain on his thigh.

"mariano got you?" i ask.

"and y/n got me," maya says holding her arm that was dripping in blood.

xavier and his soldiers leave the warehouse to tend to his wound.

"i need you guys to work on something for me tonight at the Panther's warehouse," i inform them as i head to my car.

"and where will you be?" maya asks.

"home, i need to do something," i respond. "don't worry i'll send a doctor for you."

"shouldn't you be at the warehouse with us?" maya scoffs.

"don't question my authority. do as i say." i get into the car and head back home.

y/n's pov

"uh you guys can deal with the crate," i say. "i have to take a detour."

"where you going?" mariano asks.

"somewhere that doesn't concern you guys," i answer.

mark gives me a look. "but your dad-"

"what did you tell me earlier?" i interrupt him. "that your loyalty lies with me?"

mark sighs. "yes boss."

"good."

i make my way to mattias house and wait for him inside.

.