54

y/n's pov

happy birthday to me..

i sit up on my bed and then hear a knock on my door.

"come in," i shout.

"hey babe," avani says walking in. "how'd you sleep?"

"i slept fine," i fake a smile.

avani examines me. "what's wrong?"

"well," i begin, "today's my birthday and because of Xavier i can't celebrate it with the people i love."

she drops her mouth slightly. "i'm sorry. happy birthday." avani leans over and hugs me.

"thank you."

mattia's pov

1 week later...

ding dong

i get up from my couch and walk to the door.

"oh melanie hey," i greet her.

"uhm i brought pizza," she smiles, "if you need company."

i laugh lightly. "sure, come in."

melanie has been really supportive lately and she checks up on me any chance she gets.

"wanna go to the movie room?" i ask.

she nods.

"i havent been the movie room in a while so i'm sorry if it's dusty or something," i mention.

"it's fine," she chuckles.

when we get to the movie room, we sit in the front and then i found something. y/n left her jacket here once. i walk over and pick up her jacket, immediately sensing her scent.

"was that her jacket?" mel asks.

i nod. "still smells exactly like her."

melanie puts her hand on my shoulder and rubs it. "i know these past two weeks must be hard for you— i'm really glad that you're trying to keep it together."

"i don't wanna believe she's gone for good." i turn to melanie. "i can't move on. i don't want to."

"she'd want you to.."

"but i don't know how to. all i can think about is revenge and-"

"you can't live the rest of your life based on revenge," she interrupts me, "you have to actually live life."

"i feel guilty living my life when y/n didn't even get to live to her 18th birthday," i sigh. "i still have that diamond necklace i was going to give her."

"we will find Xavier." melanie takes my hand. "i promise."

y/n's pov

1 week later

"the bombs coming out nice," troy informs me, walking into my room.

"yeah i helped work on it a little bit earlier but i just came to rest," i say.

he takes a seat next to me on the bed. "i have to admit, i'm gonna be a little sad when you go back home."

"you can come with me," i suggest.

"or.. you can stay here.."

i look at him. "i can't. my family, mattia, my home is over there."

troy nods. "it was worth a shot."

troys pov

i hate to admit it but i grew really fond of y/n. she's fun, smart, beautiful, and she always looks at the bright side of things.

"how about," y/n says interrupt my thoughts, "we go out tonight. take a little break from all of this?"

"you wanna risk going out?" i ask.

"i've been in this warehouse for 3 weeks already.. i need to get out."

i chuckle. "alright then, let's go."

y/n's pov

troy and i put on some sunglasses so that no one would see who we were. yes. sunglasses at night.

we were driving around until we came across a taco truck.

"tacos," i shout.

"i'm guessing you want tacos?" troy smiles.

i nod and get out of the car.

we both got beef and chicken tacos and then head to some outdoor tables. it was a good night, i actually laughed and smiled a lot— troy's good company. and then i stared down at my wrist. the bracelet mattia gave me was still there. i miss you.

mattia's pov

"any updates?" i say walking into the warehouse.

"nope," kairi answers looking me up and down. "how many people have you killed this past 3 weeks."

"not enough," i mumble, "still don't know where Xavier is."

alejandro was leaning against some boxed with his arms crossed, staring at the ground.

"ale," i shout, "everything okay?"

"i miss her," he says. "i miss her teasing me about how i use to like her the night we met. i miss her hideous laugh."

"her laugh was contagious," kairi chuckles thinking about it.

i smile. "i know."

"i want him dead mattia," alejandro says coldly.

that's what i must've sounded like a few weeks ago.

i put my hand on his shoulder. "we'll get him."

.