52

y/n's pov

what is it with people kidnapping me and hitting me? my hands were tied together as i was in the back of a moving truck. i struggled getting loose but the knot was too tight.

"hey asshole," i shout to the front. "maybe we can talk this out?"

"shut up," he says.

the car stops moving and i hear two people get out of the car. they open the trunk and grab me.

"who are you guys?" i ask. "what did i ever do you? sheesh."

the first guy rolled his eyes and put duct tape over my mouth and then a bag over my head. i felt them take me into a room and sat me down.

a couple minutes later someone removes the bag from my head.

"i know someone who'd paid good money for you," he whispers, taking off the duct tape.

"and i know no one who'd pay even a dollar for you," i snap.

"boss," a guy says coming up. "we have company."

he grabs his gun and loads it with bullets. "i'll deal with you later."

i hear gun shots outside the room and hear people grunting and screaming. someone with a handkerchief around his mouth and a gun in his hand walks in.

"um, hi?" i say.

he lowers his handkerchief. "hi."

"so.. you wanna help untie me? or are you here to kill me."

"i don't know you, you aren't really my problem," he says.

"just untie me," i said. "please?"

the man looks at me for a little bit and sighs. "fine."

my wrists were so sore, i mustve been tied up for so long.

"thank you," i tell him.

he nods. "why did they kidnap you?"

"i'm not sure. they said they know someone who'd pay good money for me? do you know who they make deals with?" i ask.

"mostly the kingston cartel."

i widen my eyes. "yeah.. that makes since."

"you don't look like you're from around here." the man examines me.

"well, where exactly is here?"

"south city," he answers.

"that's.. 4 hours from my city," i groan. "damn it."

"who are you?"

"i'm y/n price. you?"

"you're a price huh? i'm anthony reeves." he shakes my hand.

"you've heard of me?"

"yeah, you're a cobra right?"

i nod.

"well in the meantime, you can come with me. we'll figure out how to get you home," anthony offers.

"i can't go home just yet," i say as we walk out of the room. when we get outside i noticed it was nighttime.

"why not?"

"xavier kingston thinks i'm dead— i'd like to keep it that way," i explain. "my existence could put the people i care about in danger."

"so everyone thinks you're dead.."

"pretty much," i sigh.

anthony and i get into his car and he drives to a warehouse.

"you can stay here if you want," he said. "my friends and i can take care of you."

"thanks, i just need to find out how to get rid of Xavier and then i'll be on my way."

"we can help you with that." anthony and i walk into the warehouse.

"hey you're back," a girl says walking up to anthony and kissing him on the cheek. "who's this?"

"y/n price, meet my girlfriend, avani gregg," anthony introduces us.

"hi nice to meet you," i say shaking her hand.

"wow you're a cobra?" avani asks. "sweet."

"yo," i see another man with brown hair walk towards us. "did you get em anthony?"

"there was no sign of what we were looking for over there but i kinda found something better." anthony points to me with his thumb.

"uh hi i'm y/n price," i say.

"i'm troy zarba," he replies. "what're you doing all the way in south city? i thought you cobras lived in the north."

i tell avani anthony and troy the entire story of what happened.

"that's tough," said troy. "but we hate Xavier too— we'll help you."

"for now, you can take a shower in one of our bathrooms," avani says taking my hand and leading me there. "i have some clothes you can borrow."

"thank you," i smile.

.