55

y/n's pov

"the bomb should be done soon," anthony says wiping his hands. "Xavier won't know what hit him."

"thank you for helping with this anthony," i smile.

anthony puts his arm around me. "to tell you the truth, i've been working extra slow just so you can stay longer," he says sarcastically.

"what if just accidentally broke the bomb?" avani teases.

"i wouldn't complain," anthony chuckles. "but i'm seriously gonna miss you."

"im gonna miss you guys too— this isn't forever right ? i can always come visit. you guys can always come visit," i mention. "it's not forever."

a couple days later..

"honestly i think the bomb is done," anthony says. "we just need to add some finishing touches but we'll be good in 2 days."

"troy we should review the plan again," i say.

"Xaviers facility is heavily guarded but we can knock out two guards and wear their uniform," troy says.

"then we're gonna walk in with the bomb in a box saying it's a special delivery," i finish.

troy nods. "now i have the remote control for the bomb and once you and i are almost out the entrance i'll set it off."

"i hope this works.."

"it will," he assures me.

mattia's pov

it was late but i was still at the warehouse finishing up some paper work. i've avoided being home as much as i can, it just hurts being there without y/n.

"knock knock," i hear melanie say at the doorway.

"oh you're still here," i reply.

"yeah i was gonna lock up but i saw your light on."

i take out a flask and drink the rest of the alcohol inside. melanie walks over to my side.

"it marks her one month death in a couple days," i mumble. "one month, yet it still feels like it's been one day."

she puts her arms around me and doesn't say anything. we sit down on a small couch nearby and she holds my hand. melanie turns my face to hers.

"y/n would be proud of you mattia," she said.

i kept eye contact with her the entire time and she started leaning in. her lips connect with mine and she wraps her arm around my stomach.

i close my eyes and kiss her back for a moment until i opened them again. i didn't see melanie anymore, i saw y/n. my mind was going crazy. i pull away from melanie and stand up.

"you're not her," i whisper, "you could never be her.."

melanie had a hurt expression on her face and i ran out of the office.

-

knock knock

"mattia," colin opens the door surprised, "come in."

"thank you colin," i smile walking in. "hi natalie."

y/n's mom looks up from her book. "hi mattia."

"i just wanted to.." i couldn't get the words out.

"you wanna see her room?" colin finishes my statement.

"i know it's silly."

he shakes his head. "ive been doing the same. stay for as long as you want."

"thank you," i whisper.

my feet immediately knew where to go, it was like muscle memory. her door was already open so i just walked in. everything still looks the same as it did last time i was here.

i sat down on her bed and laid down on her pillow, inhaling her scent.

"please just come back to me.." i mumble. "tell me this is just a bad dream that i'm just gonna wake up from soon."

her nightstand had a picture of me kissing her cheek while she was smiling at the camera. i grab the picture and look at it for a long time.

ding

text from unknown
??: hi i know we don't know each other really well but i'm amy, y/n's friend?
mattia: hey amy.
amy: she died for me yk? she went into that building because of me and now she's gone. i didn't wanna accept she was in a mafia but now she's just.. gone.
mattia: it wasn't your fault.
amy: i'm always gonna have that weight on my shoulders.
mattia: you shouldn't. no one blames you
amy: i just came to send you these:

amy sent me a bunch of photos and videos

amy: before she met you, she was a whole other story. i thought you should see what she was like before she got roped into the mafia shit.
mattia: thank you, stay strong ❤️
amy: you too.

the first video i saw was y/n drunk and holding a rock.

"i can't leave the dog here," she cries. "who's gonna look out for it?"

"that's a rock," mark says hitting the rock out of her hand.

y/n started crying even more.

all these photos and videos made me chuckle and laugh so rewatched them many times. it was getting later than i thought and i was exhausted so i just fell asleep in her bed.

.