60

y/n's pov
the next morning
all my friends were in the living room when i got downstairs. mark, maximo, mar, and amy.

"you're really alive," mark whispers.

they all run and hug me tightly, some swinging me around.

"don't you ever fucking scare us like that again," maximo yells.

"it won't happen again," i chuckle.

mattia walks down the stairs slowly and watches them hug me tightly and gives me a smile.

"mija," my mom says walking into the living room. "your 18th birthday party is gonna happen tonight."

my friends pull away. "oh already?" i ask.

"i didn't wanna wait, it's long over due."

"you're not wrong," i agreed.

"oh shit then i have to get ready," amy shouts.

the boys went home to get ready too, leaving just me and amy.

"you know," amy says, "mariano is kinda cute."

"well don't be shy, go get em," i encourage.

"i might make a move at your party."

soon, caterers and chefs entered my house and helped us get ready for my big 18th party.

-

after i finished getting ready i check myself in the mirror one last time. everyone i knew thought that i was dead and now i'm practically announcing my existence at my own BIRTHday party. ironic.

i grab the diamond necklace mattia gave me and struggled to put it on.

"need any help with that?" i see mattia in the mirror standing at my doorway.

i accept his help. "please."

he walks into my room and helps me put on my necklace and then fluffed out my hair for me.

"you look beautiful," he smiles. "as always."

"thank you capo," i tease.

"hm, i love it when you call me that." mattia playfully kisses my neck.

"well, i might actually have to start calling you that from now on," i say.

"what do you mean?"

"you'll find out later when i give my speech," i answer.

-

everyone was super shocked to see me walk down the stairs. a lot of people gave me a hug and told me how it was miracle that i survived all of that.

in the distance i see the door open, revealing troy, anthony, and avani on the other side. i immediately run up to them and gave them a hug.

"you guys made it," i shouted.

"wouldn't miss it for the world," troy answers.

"woah," avani says staring at my chest, "your necklace is blinding me."

"courtesy of mattia polibio," i chuckle.

"here's a little something from all three of us," anthony says giving me a box.

when i open it, i saw a portrait of avani troy anthony and i in the warehouse building the bomb— we all looked so focused while troy was taking the selfie.

"awh," i say, lifting up the picture frame. "this is sick." i look up at them. "thank you guys."

"don't get all mushy kiddo," anthony rolls his eyes.

i punch his arm and he lets out a laugh.

i watch everyone socialize with each other and even caught mariano and amy talking in the corner— they seemed like they were hitting it off.

"so why is the birthday girl standing in the corner alone," kairi says walking up to me with alejandro.

"everyone i love is in the same room," i answer, "just taking it in while it lasts."

"cause you never know when you're gonna have to fake your death again," alejandro teases.

"i heard you fuckers cried over me," i side eye them.

"you heard wrong," kairi lies. "i didn't cry for shit."

"yeah neither did i, i actually forgot your last name by the time i heard the news to be honest," alejandro adds.

"shut the fuck up," i chuckle.

they both walk to each my side and put their arms around me.

"we've missed you," kairi admits.

"more than you can imagine," says alejandro.

"i've missed you both too." they lean on my shoulder as we continue staring in the crowd.

.