50

y/n's pov

the next day

"you sure you wanna do this?" my dad asks as we pull up the address xavier gave us.

it was an abandoned building with at least 6 floors that had cracked walls and vines all over.

"i'm sure dad. just wait here okay? don't come inside," i tell him.

he nods. "did you bring your gun?"

i tap my side. "yep."

"if xavier shows any signs he's gonna harm you, kill him. do you understand?"

"i understand."

i get out of the car and walk towards the entrance.

ding

text from mattia❤️
mattia: hey princess
y/n: hi babe i'm on a mission right now
mattia: involving the kingstons ?
y/n: yeah. at least i hope so
mattia: okay i'll text you later. be safe and make sure you kick ass.
y/n: always
mattia: i love you
y/n: i love you too.

i put my phone and away and take out my gun and i walk into the building.

"xavier?" i shout, "i'm here. alone. just like you said."

"i'm up here," he yells.

i look up at the stairs and move one floor up. 

"the fourth floor," he clarifies.

i walk slowly up the stairs with my gun ready. when i get to the fourth floor i scan the room quickly but didn't see him.

"hello..?" i say.

"over here."

steadily, i move around the corner and see a box. what the fuck? i put my gun down and walk towards the box, hearing a slight noise. when i open the box it revealed a mixtape.

that bastard recorded himself talking. i look more into the box and saw a bomb. it was going off in 5 seconds. no.

i quickly got up and tried to jump out the window but it was too late.

mattia's pov

text to y/n❤️...
mattia: is everything okay?

i put my phone down and resumed to my work. after a while she still hasn't texted me back. i didn't think much of it cause you never know how long missions will take.

-

i was way too into my work that i forgot all about my phone. i pick it up and see 5 miss calls from colin. that's strange.

"mattia.." kairi walks in tearing up. alejandro and melanie follow behind him.

"i-im sorry," kairi stutters.

i look at alejandro and melanie confused.

"i don't know he just got off the phone and ran here," alejandro whispers.

"he seemed upset so we followed him," melanie added.

"kairi," i say, putting my hand on his shoulder. "what's wrong? you're starting to worry me.."

"y-you didn't answer y-your phone so h-he called me instead," kairi replies, his voice shaking.

"who called you?" i ask. "colin? yeah i was just about to call him back before you got here."

kairi starts full on crying now. "i'm so sorry."

"kairi what is it?" i ask sternly.

he looks down avoiding eye contact with me. "y/n went on a mission with colin," he sniffles.

"yeah i know.." i say lowly, "she told me."

by now alejandro looked worried and scared. kairi's never been like this before.

"s-she went in alone because x-xavier asked her to or else he'd kill a-amy," kairi continues.

"oh yeah amy i remember her. is she okay?"

kairi runs his hands through his hair. "y/n went in the building and the building exploded with her in it," he blurts out. "i'm sorry mattia."

i didn't hear him right. i couldn't have heard him right. i back up and hit my desk.

"oh my god.." alejandro whispers.

"mattia?" melanie asks. "mattia are you okay?"

all the noise just shut off. i couldnt hear anything, everything was silent. i clench my first and punch my computer on the desk, breaking it.

kairi was crying on alejandro and melanie tried to calm me down.

"mattia," she shouts. "mattia stop."

i was so angry. my vision was blurred with tears and anger— my head was pounding. my legs felt so weak. i fell to the floor and melanie bends down and puts her arms around me. i cry into her shoulder nonstop.

"i loved her," i shout through my tears.

i know y'all freaking out right now but just wait okay 😭