25

mattia's pov
it's been a long day and all i wanted to was to take a shower and lay in bed. i wish y/n was with me but i know she has to spend time with her family right now.

"mattia what happened where were you?" my dad asks as i walked into the house.

"in the woods," i reply.

"why would you be in the woods," alejandro asks, walking out from the kitchen.

"maria and maya kidnapped y/n, i rescued her but they're both dead so."

"wait maria's dead?" my dad asks. "the drug lord is not going to be happy— please tell me it wasn't you who killed her," my dad replies.

"i was going to but y/n beat me to it," i say. "but i did kill maya."

"maya was a good soldier," my dad responds.

"she betrayed me," i snap back. "she's nothing to me."

my dad sighs. "once the kingstons learn y/n killed maria they're going to kill her. i told you to stay out of it. they're probably gonna get mad you for not stopping her."

"dad i honestly don't care," i blurt out.

"mattia polibio, your life could be on the line."

"you should stay in hiding for a couple days until it dies down," alejandro suggests.

"alejandros right. don't leave the house," my dad orders.

"what? no, that shows weakness," i argue. "and i need to go check up on y/n."

"stop getting involved with that girl," my dad shouts.

"she's not as bad you think dad," i defend her.

"she's a cobra," my dad simply says. "they're all bad."

y/n's pov
when i get home, i see mariano sitting on the couch.

"oh my god y/n," he gets up and hugs me, "i was so worried about you."

"give her some space," my mom laughs. "she needs to tend to her wounds."

after taking a shower, i decided to take a nap.

2 hours later
the first thing i thought of when i woke up was mattia.

i missed him already.

text to dinosaur 🦖😍
y/n: hi 😗
mattia: sup mamas how you feeling
y/n: good but i miss you :(
mattia: wanna meet up somewhere?
y/n: yeah, can we go to the bar
mattia: sure princesa
y/n: see you soon

at the bar
i saw mattia's car in the parking lot so i assumed in got here before me.

as i walk pass the window i saw him sipping his drink while he was on his phone. i stay outside for a bit and admire his side profile.

when i look to the around, i saw someone aiming a gun at him.

quickly, i ran to the door and inside the bar.

"this is for maya," the shooter said.

mattia turned around slowly. i had no time to react or think so i just jumped in front of the gun.

the bullet hits me on my upper right chest and pain shot down my body.

mattia's pov
"this is for maya," i heard a voice say and then a gun clicking.

i turn around and saw y/n jump in from the bullet and falling over. my eyes flashed before my eyes but out of instinct, i pulled out my gun and tried to shoot the person who shot y/n but he ran out before i could pull the trigger.

everyone in bar screamed and ran out the door leaving us the only people inside.

"y/n?" i scream, running to her body. "hey babygirl i'm right here." i take her hand into mine. "you're so stupid you know that?"

"it was.. my turn.. to save your life." she had a hard time speaking.

i take out my phone and call colin.

mattia: c-colin?
colin: mattia ? what's wrong?
mattia: i'm at the bar with y/n and s-someone s-shot her.
colin: stay put and do your best to stop the bleeding i'm on my way.
mattia: o-okay.

he hangs up and i take off my coat and put it over her bullet wound and apply pressure.

"m-mattia," she whimpers.

"shh baby don't talk, your dad should be here soon okay?" i comfort her. "you'll be just fine. i promise."

it felt like an hour, but 3 minutes later her dad came running through the doors.

"oh my god mija what happened," her dad said with tears in his eyes.

"someone tried to shoot me but y/n jump in from of the bullet and saved my life," i explain. now i felt the tears forming in my eyes.

"i need to get her to our hospital— no one will question us there, they all work for me," colin says.

he picks her up carefully and brings her to the car and they drive off.

.