17

different parts of the ballroom:

mattia's pov "well don't you all look sexy," i say walking up to kairi and alejandro

mattia's pov
"well don't you all look sexy," i say walking up to kairi and alejandro.

"damn papi, looking fresh" alejandro replies looking me up and down.

"y'all look fine as fuck," kairi laughed.

"boys.." my dad said quietly.

"come on dad," i say and point to kairi and ale, "they look good."

my dad rolls his eyes and smiles. "you better kiss up to maria tonight, now go walk around and socialize— but not with our-"

"- but not with our enemies— yes dad i know," i respond and the three of us walk away.

"did you hear about the news?" kairi asks.

"what news?" alejandro says.

"theyre announcing the future Donna of the Cobras tonight," kairi informs.

"huh, i've never noticed that we didn't know anything about the future leader of the Cobras," i say.

"hey mattia, how's y/n?" alejandro asks.

"i don't know, she's acting weird. doesn't return my texts or calls, stopped talking to me— what'd i do wrong?"

kairi scratches his head. "i don't know— ive never seen you be so nice to anyone before."

"maybe swing by her place after the ball?" alejandro suggests.

"yeah i probably will, and i won't take no as an answer," i say confidently.

"that's what's up," kairi fist bumps me. "oop here comes mariaaaaa"

i roll my eyes. "this chick is annoying, ion want her."

"hey mattia," she says walking up to me, "you look good."

"thanks maria." i say uncomfortably.

"save me a dance later?" she winks.

"..sure.."

"that was very hard to watch," alejandro laughs.

y/n's pov
i walk into the ballroom with my arm around mariano's and we make our way to our parents.

"mija, you're here," my mom kisses me on the cheek.

"nice to see you again mariano," my dad says, snaking his hand.

"you too mr. price," mariano replies. "your daughter is beautiful."

i lightly nudge him.

"y/n," my dad says, "this is Lucas Castano, the Capo of the Dragons. and this is Teresa Castano."

"nice to meet you mr. and mrs. castano," i say shaking their hand.

"well mariano is correct, you are a beautiful, young lady," his mom says, smiling.

"we look forward to getting to know you," lucas adds. "how you feeling? nervous?"

"oh you have no idea." i laugh.

"well i guarantee you our protection, we won't let anything happen to you," lucas assures me.

"thank you lucas," my dad says, "and we will do our best to look after mariano as well."

"mija you should make your way to the stage, they're announcing you soon," my mom informs me.

i turn to mariano. "come with me?"

"of course."

mattia's pov

as alejandro kairi and i were talking i was scanning through room to see who were here.

"yo i think the dragons are here. i see mariano castano," i tap kairi and alejandro.

"as much as i hate the dragons.. mariano is one good looking mother fucker," alejandro sighs.

"his date looks familiar," kairi says.

his date was wear a lavender dress and had her hair curled, honestly just from seeing her back, she's a beautiful girl. the three of us wait for her to turn around and when she did.. our faces dropped.

"what.."

"the..."

"fuck.."

my mouth open remains open. i couldn't believe it.

as y/n rotates more, i saw a tattoo of a cobra on her arm.

"is that a cobra tattoo?" kairi shouts.

"she-she-she- d-didn't have that tattoo a c-couple d-days ago," alejandro stutters.

our eyes follow her and mariano as they make their way to the stage.

"excuse me everyone, can i have your attention please," the announces speaks.

everyone stops what they're doing and turns to the stage.

"it is my pleasure, to announce the future donna of the cobras, y/n price, accompanied by the future capo of the dragons, mariano castano."

y/n is the donna of the cobras ? is that she's avoiding me ?

the announcer continues, "tonight, there will be nothing but peace. no weapons or violence unless you want to be thrown out. enjoy."

everyone claps and music starts playing as y/n and mariano walk off the stage.

"dude.. i'm sorry," alejandro says quietly.

"i fucked our enemy.. my dad is going to disown me,"
i groan.

"no one gotta know..."

maya's pov (the soldier mattia slept with)
i didn't mean to, but i just heard everything mattia said about y/n. giacomo is not going to be happy...

.