i go into the warehouse and saw everyone working.

"hey boss," melanie says. "i got the money from the person who owed it to you."

"great," i say taking the briefcase full of cash. "thank you."

"how was the auction yesterday?" she asks.

i chuckle. "im broke by $12,000 now."

"$12,000?! for a necklace?" melanie shouts, "wow."

"yeah, the person who bid against me wouldn't give up."

"who was it?"

"i think you know him. he's pretty well known. mariano castano? future capo of the dragons?"

melanie nods. "oh yeah i've heard of him. what does he want with a diamond necklace?"

i chuckle. "ironically he wanted to give it to my girlfriend for her birthday too. even though she's my girlfriend."

"does he like her or something?"

"i'm sure he does, every guy does. that's what happens when your girlfriend's the prettiest girl in the world," i laugh lightly. "that was corny, i apologize."

melanie laughs. "it's cute. you're always so tough but the moment we talk about her.."

"yeah i know, i get soft," i finish her sentence. "can't help it sometimes."

"you never told me her name."

"oh my bad it's y/n. y/n price. you've probably heard of her too."

she widens her eyes. "as in the Donna of the Cobras? she's your girlfriend?"

"our life is like an epic love story basically. i fell in love with my enemy."

"oh is that what you meant when you said the only person you work well with is supposedly your worst enemy?"

i nod.

"and you think two are gonna last?" she says skeptically.

"i don't see myself not loving her any time soon so.. yes." i pause and stare at the floor. "i know it's too soon and i've said this so many times already but i seriously wanna marry her."

"wow," said melanie, "thinking of marriage already huh? how do you know she's 'the one'?"

"cuz my life was dark and meaningless until i met her at the club one day. i mean yea, my life had meaning: being capo and everything but she's the reason i can't wait to wake up everyday you know?"

"you guys are lucky to have each other— you're probably the best looking couple i've ever seen." she immediately bites her lower lip.

"so you think i'm good looking?" i tease.

"yea.." she admits. "no weird shit though."

"well i would hope not," i mumble. "already dealt with a girl who couldn't take a hint."

"cynthia right? kairi and alejandro told me about her," melanie says. "i'm not like cynthia."

"good," i look at her. "i'd hate to send you away too."

melanie gulps a little bit and gives me a nervous smile. "i respect your relationship."

"i don't mind girls crushing on me," i add, "just don't act on it and you and me are gonna get along just fine."

melanies pov

mattia was intimidating as hell. the minute we stop talking about y/n he turns cold.

"i wouldn't do anything to make your relationship more difficult, sir," i say to him.

"great— just making sure," mattia smiles. "cuz i have eyes on one girl and one girl only."

i nod. "i got that." she's a lucky girl.

"hm, you're excused."

i turn around and walk away. that entire conversation hurt me a little bit. well what did i expect ? he's my boss.

.