Chapter 37

Tris Pov

I walk to Fours house to get Shailene. I knock on the door and Lauren answers. She rolls her eyes and calls four.

"The sluts here to pick up the child" she yells. I let it be because I'm in enough trouble.

"Lauren stop" Four says and hands me Shai. I grab the bag out of his hands letting our hands touch. He looks at me and i take the bag and just walk away.

"Tris wait" he says and I turn around and face him.

"What" I say

"I just wanted to know if your were going to the dauntless event" he says

"All leaders have to be there so I have to" I say "otherwise I wouldn't go" I say and he nods.

"Why's that" he says

"Non of your business" I say and try to walk away but he grabs my hand. I pull my hand away and he looks at me, I let a tear fall down my face. "I have to go" I say running to my parents apartment I drop Shai off real quick and run to Christina's. She answers and I smile.

"Let's go shopping" I say

"What have you done to the real tris who hates shopping" she says

"Come on. one time offer" I say

"Okay" she says grabbing her purse and we go to the dress shop.

"So what are we getting" she says

"I need a dress but I need to look hot for Four" I say and she smiles.

"Okay let's go" she says and we shop and shop and shop.I try on millions of dresses but not what I want. I finally try on one dress that is perfect. It stops at my knees and I get a nice pair of heels to go with it. I get shai and go to my apartment.

***

Dauntless event

I put on my dress and heels then do my hair in a curled ponytail going to the side. I do my makeup and walk to the chasm where the event is getting taken place. Im greeted by ushers and I grab a glass of champagne.

"Hello Leader Tris" The usher says and I smile greeting them with a hello. Fours eyes meet with mine and I quickly look away. He walks up to me with Lauren and I try to walk away but he calls my name.

"You look pretty" he says and I see lauren smerk. I smile. That was my plan.

"You look handsome" I say and he smiles.

"Where's shai" he says

"My parents house" I say. Lauren grabs his hand and he looks at her like really.

"See you around" I say to him and walk to my friends.

"Hey" they say

"You look nice" Zeke says

"It's for Four. If not I wouldn't be wearing these heels" I say and they laugh.

"Listen were playing truth or dare after this you should come." Uriah says and I nod Sure. For walks over without Lauren. I'm surprised. He grabs a bottle of beer and gulps it down.

"Guess who's single" he says looking at me and I look away.

"You" Christina says

"Duh" Uriah says

"We're playing truth or dare if you want to come" Uriah says and he nods in agreement. I walk to get a cup of water and Four follows.

"What do you want Four" I say and he laughs.

"I want you back" he says holding my hand.

"You just broke up with your girlfriend and you want me to be what with you. Your wife, girlfriend" I say and he just pauses me with a kiss. I back away.

"I shouldn't have done that but Tris listen let me explain something. I know I always wanted to be with you when you were that little abnegation girl and I was that little abnegation boy.When you came to Dauntless you changed my life. I remember our first kiss. I remember when we held our daughter in our hands. I remember when I made the biggest mistake of my life. That was when I lost you for a whole year. All I want in my life is you. I want you back. I need you back." he says and tears are down my face.

"Of course I'll take you back." I say and I hug him. He pulls me into the hallway and kisses me. I giggle and he rest his forehead on mine.

"I missed you tris"

"I missed you tobias" I say and he kisses me and I kiss him back.

"I love you Beatrice Eaton" he says and I'm crying again.

"I love you Tobias Eaton" I say and I hug him.