Chapter 35

Tris Pov
1 year.

It's been a year since me and Fours divorce. We share Shailene. He gets her every other week so this week I get a break. He still sits with us because Zeke and Uriah are his friends too. Mostly Zeke. But most of the time it's me grabbing my food and going upstairs to my apartment. I stay at my original apartment since it's only me and Shai. Christina tries to set me up on dates but they don't work. I only talk to Four when it's about Shailene or when we're on a leaders meeting. Tomorrow we have to train initiates. I tried so hard talking to max about letting me train dauntless born initiates with Christina or she trains transfers with me but Max won't let Us. Since Lauren wanted her job back as Dauntless born instructor. Its her, Christina and Uriah who train them. Of course Lauren and Four are in a relationship. She's always kissing him in front of me. But I can tell Four didn't want that to happen in front of me.

Right now I'm sitting in my apartment with Christina, Marlene and Shaunna since it's my birthday. There Always talking happily about their Marriages and how cute there babies are. I want that back. I want my Tobias back. I want my family back. Christina brings out a cake and everyone starts cheering. I put on a smile to not make them feel bad, because I know there trying to cheer me up. I blow out my candles. Awesome finally 21.

"Oh my god Tris, are you happy. Your finally 21" Christina says

"Yeah of course I'm happy" I say walking to the kitchen. I gulp down my bottle of Wine and Christina walks in.

"I didn't mean it like that" she says

"I know. I just got emotional. I'm sorry" I say

"No your fine. So what do you want to do" she says excited.

"Sleep" I say

"No tris. come on that's all you do is sleep." she says

"Well maybe if I wasn't so depressed I wouldn't have to sleep all the time" I say and she grabs my hand and we all walk out the door.

"Where are we going" I say and I realize she's dragging me to Fours house. I try to run back and she stops me.

"No tris. It's okay. Shailene just wanted to say happy birthday. Four called asking" she says and I just nod. I knock on the door and Four answers.

"Can you give us a minute" I say to my friends and they walk away.

"Shailene wanted me" I say

"Yeah. She wanted to say happy birthday" he says. Lauren grabs her and brings her to Four.

"Mommy" she says and hugs me.

"Hi baby I missed you" I say tickling her.

"Happy birthday" she says and gives me a kiss and runs back inside. I stand up and wipe my pants off.

"Happy birthday Tris" he says and I just walk a way.