Whispered Confessions

My mind raced with millions of thoughts and a sudden realization hit me like a ton of bricks. It doesn't matter who I marry in the end if Gumball can't build the spaceship.

My life will either end or become a living nightmare if Magic Woman's wish is not granted. I'm now realizing that this matter is much more serious than I've been thinking. If Magic Woman doesn't kill me or lock me up to starve somewhere, she'll turn me into a monster of some sort. It's not like it's hard for her to do, and it's not like she hasn't done anything of the sort before. Maybe she'll gain a new trick and turn me invisible forever or take away my voice or sight. Who knows, honestly.

I was putting all of my faith into Gumball so in a way I was marrying him. I was trusting him with my life, to take care of me, so yes, in an emotional type of way, marrying him. What I feared most was that with the rejection of marriage I would soon give Gumball, he wouldn't care for me anymore. Maybe Gumball would hate me and ultimately decide to never build the spaceship, resulting in Magic Woman having her way with me.

If that were to happen I would definitely put up a fight, no matter what. I don't know if Magic Woman would harm me if she couldn't get back home but she definitely implied it. Plus, she threatened Marshall with the loss of something close to him. I don't know exactly who or what that would be, but I do know he has other friends besides us here in Aaa.

The sun plastered itself onto my eyelids. My body was hot and sweaty and it felt as though a weight was pressed firmly on top me. My right leg was trapped under a weight, along with my chest, so I flailed my free leg in an attempt to push the covers off of myself, only to realize I wasn't under any blankets. Was it the weather making me so hot?, I thought. I was still too much in sleep mode to open my eyes so I let out a groan of both tiredness and annoyance.

I wiggled around as best I could, trying to sit up-only for my chest to be held down and unable to move. I finally whisked my eyes open, squinting slightly at the sun light. When my eyes had adjusted I looked beside me to see the Vampire king sleeping very soundly. He was peaceful. His eyes were softly closed, his face relaxed and calm. Overall, beautifully peaceful- an emotion I didn't see much when he was awake.

Marsh's face was inches from mine and both his legs were entangled with my right. Half of his torso was slung onto mine and his arm was slung loosely around my stomach, pulling our bodies closer. We definitely hadn't fallen asleep this way. This was too close for friends and I knew it. Though, as of last night we weren't just friends anymore, technically at least. I could hear and feel my heart dancing rapidly in my chest, unable to be controlled and hoped that Marshall couldn't feel it.

I let out a heavy sigh and watched him with a small smile as his body rose and fell on top of mine. I tried to close my eyes for more sleep but my body was against it due to the fact I was burning up, sweating. The fact that half of Marshall's naked torso was pressed on top of me didn't cool me down at all either, in fact, it left me in a rather dazed state.

I let out a huff, and finally, not being able to take it any longer, I tore Marshall's arms off of me along with his body. I sat up quickly and steadied my breathing, trying to control my heart along with it.

A feeling of both joy and something I couldn't fully explain crept inside of me at the thought of being Marshall's fake girlfriend. We only had to pretend to be in love with one another any time Gumball called. Only, I wasn't really pretending.

This way, I could vent my true feelings. I could love him without being questioned because to him, this was just a game. What I was scared of is that things would go too far. I was scared that I would get addicted and my true feelings would spill out. But, even though I was scared, I knew sooner or later I would tell Marshall the truth. I would tell him I love him, because I know that for a fact now. I would tell him this with confidence and a smile- but that day is far away in the future because now, I have very little confidence.