Just Like Old Times

"Cake isn’t going to be around for a few days." I groaned, yawning at the last word.

"Are you tired?" Marshall asked, cocking an eyebrow and chuckling slightly. It was only around one in the morning but what could I say, I needed my sleep.

"No." I lied, trying to stretch. Marshall was silent, giving me the impression that he knew I wasn’t being truthful. I tried to not look at him but eventually I had to, only to see that he was staring at me intently.

"Come on." he spoke as he stood up. His arms came to mine and grasped my hand in his, pulling my body up so that I was standing beside him. He turned so that his back was facing me and bent down slightly.

I chuckled slightly before hopping onto his back, letting him float me up the stairs.

We reached my bedroom and I squirmed out of his grip, searching through random drawers and grabbing a big t-shirt and shorts. I begun to strip off my shirt until I realized Marshall was still standing behind me. I stopped and pulled my shirt down, turning around.

"Uh.." I laughed as he stood staring, a dark navy blush coming to his face.

"Right." he blurted out, turning around and floating downstairs. He didn’t even try to make a comeback or say a dirty line; that's surprising, I thought.

I laughed and quickly slipped on my pjs, tossing my dirty clothes in my bedroom corner.

I could smell popcorn cooking, making my stomach grumble. Moving around so much made me less tired and gave me enough energy to stay up for a bit longer. I climbed down the ladder excitedly, pulling my hair into a high ponytail as I greeted Marshall.

The t-shirt I had found was slightly too big, covering up my shorts and creating the illusion I wasn't wearing any pants. I could tell Marshall was thinking about it because his eyebrows crinkled and his mouth parted to express words that couldn’t come out.

I sat down next to him, punching his arm slightly and grabbing a handful of popcorn. "I'm wearing shorts so don't start thinking anything." I said in between chews. He chuckled.  "Anyway, what are we doing?" I asked, staring at the now present BMA.

"I was thinking a movie marathon?" Marsh asked, bumping his shoulder with mine.. "But we can do whatever you want." he winked, giving me a smirk.

"Perv alert." I laughed, arching an eyebrow and  giving him a playful glare. "We can watch movies later. I'd rather not stare at a screen right now." I had a small headache coming on and I knew if we were to watch a movie, I would fall asleep instantly.

Marsh chuckled before turning his full body towards me on the couch. "Want to play truth or dare, then?" He asked, grabbing popcorn himself.

Something I learned about Marshall is that yes, he could consume human food but no, it gave him no nutritional value or energy whatsoever. But, he admitted, he sometimes liked the taste.

"Alright." I shrugged, a smile forming on my face. "Turn out a few lights though, it’s giving me a headache." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. As Marshall got up to turn the light switch off, I walked up stairs and grabbed a few extra blankets. I carefully climbed back down the ladder and into the living room, spreading out the blankets to create a nice 'bed' in the middle of the floor.

The living room was illuminated by the moon through the various windows, giving the room a peaceful and quiet atmosphere.

I sat down on the soft fabric and patted the spot next to me, signaling for Marshall to come sit by me. He lazily floated until he was beside me, then he plopped himself onto the blanket with a small thud. I used one blanket to wrap around us due to the fact I was already slightly shivering.