Pricilla's Guide To Experiments

Surprising to both Marshall and I, Pricilla was in her office, working away as if she had done nothing wrong. We barged in, Marshall first and I behind him, half floating, half walking; something very uncomfortable to me. She gazed up from the papers in her hand, a smile slowly coming to her lips.

I shut the door behind me, leaving only the few candles to light the room. "Hello. It's about time you two came." She grinned, setting down her papers and folding her fingers together calmly.

"You need to change us back." Marshall demanded breathlessly, stepping forward as he did so.

"Don't get so worked up." She said with a chuckle. "I just needed some information. It was all just a small experiment, really." Pricilla lifted her hands, flicking them repeatedly. My body forced itself so that I was now completely on my feet. Just by standing I was working up a sweat and my breathing was becoming harsh and uneven. I tried to control myself, but it was no use. The longer Pricilla danced her wrists around, the worse my condition got.

I opened my eyes to discover I was on the ground. Marshall was floating above me, his hands gently on my shoulders. My eyes flickered open entirely and I noticed his skin was its normal greenish blue color, giving my heart a little relief.

"Fionna? Are you alright now?" He asked, scrunching his eyebrows but his eyes wide.

"Fine." I groaned, grabbing his outstretched hand and pulling myself up from the floor. My head became a swirling, dizzying mess, forcing my eyes to close and my body to take deep breaths.

"Come o-" Marshall started but was interrupted by Pricilla's soft voice, echoing from the dark corner of the room.

"Fionna, stay for a minute please." she said, making me slowly turn around. My head was still a wreck and I couldn't find my voice to argue. Marshall demanded to stay by my side but with a flick of her wrist, Pricilla sent the vampire demon outside the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

I internally laughed, half wishing that I could control Marshall so easily sometimes.

"I've done these little experiments for a reason, you know." She began. "Well, it was out of boredom at first but then." Pricilla sighed, cutting herself off from her own words.

I stared at the door, listening to Marshall's repeated banging before a few seconds passed and it finally stopped. I gave a soft murmur, signaling for Pricilla to continue talking.

"From the day I met you two, I could tell you had a special connection with one another."

"Um, I thi-"

"He cares a lot for you. More than he's ever expressed in words. You should have seen him when he was trying to save you from drowning." she laughed this time, loud and long, staring at me as she did.

I forced my face remain blank, making sure not to show any emotion. I didn't know what to think, honestly. Was she crazy? Had she been watching us?

"I-"

"You human, you look at him like he's-well," she paused for a moment, taking her gaze away from mine. "You look at him as if you were in love. I can't honestly say that any other way." She whispered, tapping her finger on her chin.

"H-"

"And, something I find even more incredible is that you child, came and looked up the definition of love, when," she paused to laugh, rubbing her hands on her face to calm herself. "when you're already-"

"I'm going to go now." I said through the loud laughter of the ugly tree. She shooed me away with her hand, allowing me to freely exit. I opened the door slightly before I heard her call again. "Two weeks is how long you have to get back to the Candy Kingdom. Good luck, you lost little girl.