Complications

A smile graced my face while my chest bubbled in excitement. Cake ran towards me, her arms outstretched and ready to embrace me, which they did when she not-so-gently rammed into me. Marshall floated behind her, acting as careless as always but allowing a trace of a smile to appear on his lips. 

I looked down to Cake, unable to speak or move, or do anything besides smile like an idiot. She stretched herself so that my head was able to rest on her shoulder, allowing me to breathe in her herb-y scent. I pulled her towards me even more as my arms gripped her back, giving her a squeeze before untangling our bodies. 

She looked up at me silently, a tear or two making their way down her face as she smiled up at me. I forced myself to not cry, as it would only make her feel worse in the end-even if they were “happy tears”.

“I missed you so much, pun’kin.” she whispered out, her voice shaky but happy nonetheless. 

“I missed you too.” I smiled, swallowing down the large lump in my throat. I looked up to see Marshall awkwardly trying to distract himself from the scene my sister and I were making. He failed as his eyes caught mine, making me smile even wider. 

He waved at me like he hadn’t been there the whole time before apologizing for being late. I forgave him of course, but not without giving him a punch or two first. 

Cake didn’t bring her babies or Lord M this time, saying she wanted to have some quiet time alone to talk. Marshall was quiet enough, she decided, so he was allowed to come along, though he was going to come either way. He had promised, after all. 

“Why don’t you just eat your way out of this place?” Marsh asked once we had made ourselves comfortable back in my room. 

“You seriously think I’m going to eat this who-knows-how-many-year old candy? Besides, I’ll have to come back eventually-theres really no point.” I watched as Cake stalked around the room, her eyes peeled for any cameras or microphones. 

She had told me that after Marshall had come to the treehouse last night to tell her about everything, she searched through his things and found over five microphones attached to various objects. Cake was always good at pointing these types of things out so she was doing that now to make sure I had my privacy here. 

“Found a camera.” Cake exclaimed, stretching up to the ceiling and peeling away a bit of candy wallpaper from the corner. Once the wallpaper was removed, a small black circular device remained on the white wall, which Cake gladly plucked off. I wrinkled my face in disgust, watching as my sister threw the object to Marsh who quickly smashed it. I smirked as he gathered the broken pieces and tossed them out the window. 

I looked at the clock, noting that it was around time for lunch. “Oh you guys,” I begun as I resumed my plopped myself stomach first onto my bed, “It’s almost time for lunch and I want you to meet my kinda-friend Tate. He’s the servant but he’s cool- reminds me of you, Marsh.” I chuckled, closing my eyes as Marshall laid his head on my back, his body perpendicular to mine on the bed. 

I could feel Cake glaring at our direction but that didn’t stop my smile. “Hm sure. Maybe we could use him for things like communication if Gumball ever decides we can’t visit you.” Marshall mumbled, throwing an arm over his eyes and letting out a tired breath. 

“True,” Cake agreed, one hand shoved on her hip and the other raised to point at me, “but I gotta talk to him to make sure he doesn’t have the wrong idea about you, if you know what I mean.”

I closed my eyes and smiled, “Cake, not every guy is going to try and lay the moves on me.” I taunted, raising my hand to quietly point behind me at Marshall. 

“Im just saying, it’s not like I don’t want nieces and nephews, it’s ju-”

“Woah, woa-”

“Oh my glob.” Marshall laughed, “I can’t see Fi being a mom- that’s just- I mean, wait-” I felt Marshall’s weight release from my back as he was suddenly sitting up.

“You don’t think I’d be a good mom?” I feigned hurt, trying to see how long it would take Cake to yell at him. 

Marshall paused and I opened my eyes, turning my head to face him while trying to hide my smirk. “N-no that’s not what I meant, I mean like right now, a mom? In a few years, yeah, I mean, that’s not for me to decide but- just- a mom? Like, kids?” he asked, taking a deep breath and furrowing his eyebrows slightly. 

“Why are you two even talking about this? I mean, clearly Marshall isn’t ready f-”

“Wait what are you saying?!”

“Oh my Gl-” I was interrupted by the door to my room opening and the sound of the squeaky metal cart rolling in. I looked up from my spot on the bed, expecting to see Tate, only, he wasn’t there. In his place was Peppermint Maid. 

“Oh, Peppermint maid- where’s Tate?” I asked, recalling him saying earlier that he would be the one delivering my food. She paused a minute before answering me, giving Marshall his plate of food and then Cake. 

“He had some important things to do.” She said, giving a small chuckle as she handed me my food. I was about to ask ‘what kind of important things’ but knew it really wasn’t my business and nodded instead. 

As soon as she was barging in, she was leaving. “Ring the button beside your bed whenever you’re done and I’ll be here to collect the dishes.” was all she parted with before closing the door once more. 

“Sorry, I guess you guys’ll just have to meet him next week.” I shrugged.

We ate in almost complete silence, though it was a comfortable silence. We were all tired and a little on edge, so the thirty minute no-talking period was much needed. It was interrupted, though, when screaming erupted from outside the door. 

By the sound of it, the screaming came from down the hallway but it was loud enough to be heard clearly. I popped up from the bed and flew towards the door, knocking it down quickly.

Yes, the door could easily be broken down, but in order for Gumball to believe he had the upper hand, I had to make sure not to show too much strength. If I did, that might result in even more rules and locks. I certainly didn’t want that. 

Marshall and Cake rose from their seats, appearing behind and beside me in no time. The screaming continued, though instead of sounding like she was being attacked, the screamer needed help.

“Someone, come quick! Help! Someone help!” she repeated, allowing me to follow the noise. The three of us stood outside of what appeared to be the kitchen door. I walked through them quickly, allowing the doors to swish behind me. 

I quickly took in the sight before me, unwillingly gasping.

It was Tate.

Dead. 

A/N

oh...

well then...

to be honest i actually wasn't going to post today but then people started stabbing me with awesome story-loving comments and inbox messages so i figured i kinda had to post something, right?

right.

sorry i didn't post anything last week~ ive been very busy. this week & weekend have been crazy too, but what can i do? its called life.

so, i hope this chapter was worth waiting for and until next sunday~

xoxo

p.s. non-edited as always. sorry~