The Embarrassing Moments Bring Us Closer Part 1

Sorry I have to split this chapter into two parts due to the fact it is too long to publish in one piece. Thanks:)

Marshall nudged me awake, handing me a granola bar and water bottle. I knew that meant time to get up so I grabbed my clothes, changing into them behind a nearby tree. I gathered all of my things, eating my breakfast at the same time. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and slipped back towards the campsite.

Soon we were on our way, talking as usual and having fun. Marshall looked constantly at the map to make absolutely sure everything was safe.

"... And yeah so they're pretty cool. You should meet them sometime." Marshall said as he finished talking about his band.

"How did your two week thing go with them anyway?" I asked, intrigued.

"Good... Actually I was thinking about quitting but I don't know anymore you know I-"

"Marshall?" I interrupted, looking up at him.

"Yeah?" he said, giving me a raised eyebrow.

I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about this now but I was going to anyway. The fact that Marshall had left kept eating away at me inside and I couldn't get rid of the horrible feeling.

"Why did you leave all those months? All those months without even saying goodbye. Without even leaving a note." I asked, more like a statement because really, I was accusing him of all these things. I wanted him to know how badly that hurt, but then again, I didn't want him to know.

A silence filled the air between us as we continued walking. Marshall's face was scrunched up with thought, but soon he turned away from me, his eyes becoming a darker shade of brown. His face fell of any emotion and I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

That was something Marshall did that always annoyed me. He could hide his feelings so well and so fast.

"I..." he paused to find the right wording, "I had some stuff with my mom, you know?"

"No I don't really know." I stated. "Marsh you can tell me-"

"Fi," he said, turning back to me, "it's not that I don't want to tell you- but it's just not the right time." He said calmly, "I promise I'll tell you later. Right now isn't the right time, okay?"

"Fine." I huffed, pretending to be mad. I slumped my shoulders, letting out a long sigh. I knew it was no use arguing with him. Even if I won, which I would, I'm not so sure I want to hear exactly what he has to say.

He gave me a trademark smirk and slung his one arm around my shoulder, his other one under my butt, and in one swift motion I was removed from the ground.

A small squeal escaped my mouth as I clung to the back of Marshall's neck. A laugh bellowed out of him, making me do the same, as we floated down the path.

We continued talking about random junk, getting to know each other even closer, which I always loved.
It made me feel a little special that I could get the "evil, horrible, bully" person to open up to them(AKA Marshall The Softie).

The sun began to disappear over the hills and trees. It was finally time to set up camp for night so we picked out a nice spot under the much appreciated shade of trees. While Marsh began to unpack our things, I jumped in a nearby pond a few feet away which we had walked past only minutes ago.