Choose Goose is a Little Bit Loose Loose (If You Know What Im Saying)

Marshall walked ahead as Gumball called me back one more time.

"Fionna I won't see you again today so I need to give you this." he said, holding out a pink necklace laced on a black chain.

"Call whenever you need," he continued, "just press this button and I'll instantly see your face and you'll see mine. I'll call you every once in awhile to check up on you. Alright?"

I nodded and hugged him before taking the necklace.

"Thank you." I whispered, stepping away. Before I knew it, Gumball was hugging me again, wishing my safe return.

As I released from the hug, Gumball glazed over my body, a smile appearing on his face.

"Fionna?"

"Yes?" I asked, a little concerned.

"I'm glad to see you grow up. You're beautiful." he said, placing a kiss on my forehead. My stomach felt sick, unlike anytime I was with Marshall. Before I could utter any words my chin was lifted up by Gumball's finger, my eyes staring directly into his.

He leaned closer, making me more uncomfortable.

"What a-"

Before I could make out any more words, his bubblegum lips, ones that used to seem so dreamy, smashed on to mine, making my eyes grow wide. I pushed him away quickly with both of my hands and stepped back, raising an eyebrow.

"What the Glob Gumball?!"

"I-I'm sorry... t-that was just f-for good luck, I mean, but.. but wow Fionna, I-"

Before he could utter any more words I slid the necklace in my pocket and ran after Marshall.

**

We argued while we walked, Marshall not wanting to go see the crazy duck lady. I dragged him along, threatening him to spread around his secrets until he finally agreed to ask for the potion.

I didn't tell him about what happened between Gumball and I as I let the memory slip into my vault. Maybe I'll pull it out when I feel lonely, sometime.

"How you doin', Fionna the human?" Said Choose Goose, flopping her hands around, smiling sillily.

"I-I'm fine." I turn to Marshall, lifting a brow. He huffs, scooting closer to me and lifting his umbrella a little higher.

"Choose, I need a potion... Abrehent I think it's called," he paused then muttered, "Gumbutt sent me."

I smiled at his embarrassment, nudging his shoulder playfully.

"Bottle won't cost ya since Gumball has gotcha." she sung, handing Marshall the small tube of liquid.

"What does it do?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It protects from the sun cause it's not always fun." she winked.

"So Marshall doesn't have to use his umbrella?"

"A drop a day keeps the sun away." She reassured.

Marshall and I said our (slightly confused) 'thank you's' and headed to our next stop, my house.

He told me he would meet up with me after he was done packing. Once I reached the door of the treehouse I walked upstairs only to see my sister fast asleep.

I pulled out a duffle bag from the back of my closet and begun sorting items, piling in one extra outfit and some night clothes, toothbrush, hairbrush, shoes, socks, and everything else I would need for two months. I have to pack lightly though, due to the fact I would be carrying my things every step of the way, there and back.

The wind knocked my bedroom window open and soon followed a very ready Marshall Lee. It was still a little light outside but he wasn't carrying his umbrella as he floated in.

"So did.."

"Yeah, Fi. It works." He whispered.

A smile grew on my face as I kept the reoccurring memory stored in my vault.

Knowing that Marshall trusted Gumball even just a little bit, gave me so much hope. My heart seemed to swell up and burst right there in my chest.

I continued to pack, talking to Marsh as I did. My sister soon awoke and I told her all that was happening and how long I'd be gone. It took her a few moments to comprehend that I'd be leaving for that long, leaving her and Lord M just to their babies.

"Baby..." she paused, "you k-know I want to come, right?"

My muscles stiffened and my heart began to ache as she continued.

"B-but I can't. So if you need anything just call me alright honey? I'll always answer sugar. I-I'm going to miss you s-so much, Fionna." her arms wrapped around me and in that moment I was drenched in grief, sadness, happiness, and excitement all at the same time.

"I'm so sorry about before." I whispered, hugging her tightly.

I told her I understood and that I would try to call her every night. Tears quickly formed in her eyes but I demanded mine to not do the same.

Marshall, always doing the unexpected, came up to us and with one look in my eyes, hugged Cake.

"Everything will be alright, cat. I'll take good care of her I promise."

A tear slid down her cheek as she made empty threats to the vampire king, making him laugh. I smiled and my heart beat faster, watching the two people I love the most, love each other, at least in their own way.

Before I knew it, Marshall lifted my feet from the ground and hugged me tightly. My face showed shock and annoyance but my body said differently, melting into his.

"E-enough with this." I stuttered out, "we aren't leaving until tonight."

I was let go and I zipped up my packed bag, carrying it downstairs. Cake quickly made us dinner and we lounged around, playing games until the final call from Gumball came.

A (hopefully unknown to Marshall) tear slipped down my cheek as I whispered my good lucks and well wishes to Cake. I walked out the door beside Marshall, and took a deep breath of the cool night air.

It was time to finally go.