Could You Give Me A Definition, Please?

"I'm surprised you didn't encounter anything on the way up here." said Lynden as he stuffed down another pancake.

"We've been lucky, I guess. We've only run across small creatures." I said, watching Marshall as he floated around. He had already eaten his serving of red while we were getting ready in our room.

The room we had shared last night.

"That's good but I advise you to still be careful. You don't want any curses, now do you?" Lynden laughed, never taking his eyes from his food.

I shook my head even though I knew he couldn't see me. "So how are we going to carry the spaceship parts all of the way back to Aaa?" I asked as I chewed my breakfast.

"Oh yes," he started, actually looking at me this time, "we have a witch-if you will-, who will easily shrink the parts for as long a time as you need."

I nodded thankfully and watched as Marshall floated down next to me, hovering above the ground. He looked at me and I knew what he was thinking; this time, we'd only have a certain amount of time before the parts would turn back to normal size. We would have only a certain amount of time to travel, so we were defiantly going to have to watch ourselves.

A guard bent down so that Lynden was able to whisper a few words in his ear. He nodded and walked out of the door, quickly bringing in an old tree-lady.

Without a word she sat at the very end of the table, eyeing me carefully.

"I am Pricilla." she stated, "and as soon as you are done eating, human, come with me." With those few words she excused herself from the table and walked out of the doors she had entered through seconds ago.

Marshall turned and looked at me, crossing his arms as he planted his feet on the floor. He gave me a wink to show me that he was going to be coming with me. I shook my head. I didn't want him coming with me. I can handle myself.

Marshall gave me a glare, "Hey, am I allowed to go with Fionna?" He asked Lynden while keeping his eyes on me.

"Did Pricilla say so?" Lynden questioned.

"Not exact-"

"Then you have your answer. I wouldn't try and mess with her if I were you, Vampire. Do what she says and stay here. Your friend will be fine."

He rolled his eyes but I only smiled.

"Don't." I whispered, finishing off my pancake and standing up.

"Will someone please take me to Pricilla?" I asked in the quiet room. Lynden flopped his hand and a guard nodded.

"Come with me." the stranger said, already headed for the door. He pulled it open and I rushed behind him, but before I went through the door I turned to look at Marshall. I gave him one last shake of my head and a smile before following the guard through the large doors.

We walked quietly down a long hallway, our steps uneven with each others. He finally stopped in front of me, causing me to almost run into his back.

"Here." he said, pointing at the door in front of us. I looked at him for a second before he walked away, my nerves starting to get the better of me.

I knocked on the door before turning the handle and slowly creaking it open.

"Come in, Human, hurry up."

I pushed the door open wider, stepping into the almost completely dark space. A few candles lit the room which was lined with shelves of books.

The sight took my breath away. "I've never seen so many books before." I thought out loud, shutting the door behind me.