Gumbutt

I grabbed my umbrella and flew quickly away from Fionna, leaving her to herself in the clear dome. As much as I didn't want to panic, I was. Fionna was strong and even her and her swords couldn't break the glass-like surface. Where did it even come from anyway? I should have been paying more attention.

Oh Glob, It's all my fault.

Gumball can get her out, right? Why would he help me though? But it's not for me, it's for Fionna.

But it is kind of for me... I mean if Fionna dies who am I going to sing with? Who am I going to pick on? Who is going to be brave enough to punch me but sweet enough to listen to my pain?

I was panting slightly but forced myself to move faster towards the candy palace. I reached the large candy double doors and knocked loudly. I would have simply ran in but of course Gumbutt keeps the doors locked. The quiet pattering of feet rang from the other side of the door and soon it slowly opened. I was greeted by the annoying voice of an unnamed banana guard.

"Oh, hello Marsha-"

I ignored the greeting and flew immediately to Gumball's lab, not knowing if he'd be there for sure. I barged through the white doors and into the large room. The smell of sugar bombarded my nose, practically making me gag.

"Gumball?" I called, looking around at the empty room. "Gumball, Fionna needs help." I shouted as I made my way further into the lab. My eyes finally caught the puny figure that was Gumbutt and I rushed towards him, my hands tightly clasped to my umbrella. Gumball turned around, his face slightly startled at my sudden appearance. Before he could utter a word I grasped his back and slung him over my shoulder, forcing a gasp to cascade out of his mouth.

I knew I couldn't get past the guards with Gumball like this. I scanned the room, finding a slightly open window and taking my chance. I pressed my back on to the window, causing it to open fully, and flew away with a shouting Gumball.

"Marshall Lee what is this about?" cried Gumball yet again. He twisted his face back and forth and used his wimpy fists to pound on my back. It was more like a massage so I didn't mind.

"Shut up." I hissed, flying faster. I secured my umbrella tighter as the trees became visible.

"Oh Glob! You're going to murder me. Help! Someone! Fionna where are you?" wailed the gum idiot, right into my ear too. I didn't say anything to calm him down - I was too lost in thought to care about his feelings at the moment. Or ever.

Finally the dome became visible but it was hard to slow down, forcing Gumball and I to have a harsh landing. While I touched down on my feet, Gumball was sent flying forward and into a small bush. Without hesitation I pulled the shaking Gumball up from the ground and turned him in the direction of Fionna. He couldn't tell what was in there so I grabbed his arm, forcing him to walk with me. Gumball groaned from the harshness of my grip but his squirming only made me tighten my hold.

We stood at the very edge of the dome, peering in to see a sleeping Fionna.

No, she's dead, I thought. You're too late. I inhaled sharply as Gumball let out a small gasp, his hands examining the field surrounding the heroine.

I swear, only Fionna could sleep at a time like this. It's like she doesn't even care. She thinks she's invincible but she's not. She could die in there.

Gumball stood silent, the feeling of shock clear on his face. He pulled out a calculator from his labcoat pocket and quickly began making calculations. I could tell Gumball was upset so I didn't bother him. I mean, I was even upset.

I never knew five minutes could seem to go by so slow. I began to grow incredibly impatient watching the nerd play with his tools. I focused my attention on Fionna and how her body rose and fell rhythmically, her face filled with peace as she slept. I sat down on the grass and planted my face in the palm of my hand, never taking my eyes away from Fi.

Whether she knew it or not, Fionna was my world. Her childness refreshed me everytime I saw her, her happiness was contagious, and her understanding was priceless. Any invitation for singing I gave her she gladly accepted, singing along with me to the words I write alone at night. Fionna can tell when I'm not myself, she knows what I'm feeling, and even though she's only 16, we relate a lot. I could tell Fionna anything about myself and she would never even think about judging me. I hope she knows she can tell me anything too.

I turned my attention to the talking pink blob who was now scribbling something in a small notebook. Gumball was taking way too long. I shouldn't have brought Fi to this place anyway. I was just trying to have fun, but now she's trapped with only a clueless vampire and a piece of gum to save her. I mean, humans are fragile. Fionna could die of lack of sleep, or starvation, or a... a heart attack, or anything, really.

I'm not one for many emotions but at this time I felt like crying in a corner, beating Gumball to death, and kissing Fionna all at the same time. If my Fi disappeared who would I shamelessly flirt with? Who would take me on stupid adventures and punch me every so often? Anyone else around here is too scared to make a joke about me, much less tease me but Fionna does it so naturally. As much as I don't want to get involved romantically with Fionna, I'm in love with everything she does. I think I'm in love with her. I wouldn't know for sure though, I've never really loved anyone before. No one else besides Simone and my father, that is, but that was family love.

I was trampled out of my thoughts by the constant beeping of Gumbutt's electronic box as he searched the area around the dome. He mumbled every now and then to himself but I ignored him, although it was hard not harassing him.

"Be quiet, Gumwad. You'll wake up Fi." I hissed, giving him a glare.

"I think I know who did this," Gumball spoke, ignoring my previous words, "o-only a very strong magic is being detected." his finger flicked a switch, turning off the annoying ring of the device.

"Well, explain!" I whisper yelled, making sure not to wake the sleeping blonde. My heart shrunk down into my chest and a lump formed in my throat.

"Magic Woman."

A/N

Please vote and comment they are greatly appreciated!