Payments

MARSHALL POV

I released a shaky breath as I shifted through paper after paper. The wooden desk which had previously belonged to my mother, creaked slightly as I rested my elbow upon it. Working in the Nightosphere definitely wasn't the most pleasing job, but no job at all was ever really pleasing.

Everyone; the servants, the guards, my assistant- they were all fucking idiots, to put it nicely. Constantly, one of the three previously mentioned "helpers", would barge into my office to 'check up on me', as they so called it.

Bullshit.

I knew for a fucking fact that these lame excuses for demons were just making sure I hadn't bailed yet, which, I had to admit, the thought had crossed my mind more than once.

During my lunch break on the first day, I was in the middle of making a portal back to Aaa when my bitch of an assistant caught me and drug me back to my office.

Literally, she pulled me by the ear all the way from the cafeteria bathroom to my office. And I didn't think about it till now but- why in the hell was she in the boy's bathroom in the first place?

Was she seriously stalking me?

Or was she, a he?

Eh, it doesn't matter.

Her name-my assistant- was Abla. She wasn't a sore to look at but honestly, I couldn't even compare her to Fionna. Abla wasn't anywhere near the same league, at least to me. I smirked to myself, letting out a quick breath through my nose.

Fionna was all mine.

Wait- right? Was I supposed to ask her to be my girlfriend or did she already get the hint? I mean, it was more than a fucking hint-I blatantly told her that I wanted to suck face with her, then get married, suck face some more, make love, have kids (if that were possible), and grow old while still sucking face every now and then.

Honestly, that sounded like one hell of a life. And while I'm on the subject, yes I call it making love, why do people find that so weird? I'd be another thing if I were doing the deed with someone I didn't care about or whom I was just using, which, I admit I've done. On those instances though, it's called sex. I call it sex because the only point of it is to make yourself feel good. I don't care about the girl, or how she feels, or ever seeing her again for that matter.

But making love. Well, I haven't ever done that so technically, Fionna will be my first..? Making love is caring about how your partner feels, bonding with them in a way that will never be forgotten, and loving every embarrassing noise they make while doing so.

So yes, with Fi, it would be making love.

I hummed to myself as I shifted uncomfortably in my chair(not because of my nonexistent boner), feeling uneasy on the thought of leaving Fi so abruptly. Was she mad? I didn't even give her a way to contact me, so, I mean if I were her I guess I'd be pretty displeased.

I tossed a disgustingly purple colored paper to the side, most likely from Lumpy Space wanting some deal made of the sorts, but I didn't care to read it. People would not believe the deals that Lumpy Space Prince makes with the Nightosphere, I mean I was reading so-

My finger was tingling. The ring was tingling. The ring, one exactly like the one I had given Fi, was vibrating on my finger in an effort to tell me Fi needed me.

No, no, no, I was just feeling things. Believe it or not, this had happened before as well. One night, after wo-

No, this isn't right. This wasn't imaginary vibrating-this was hurting, painfully rubbing rapidly against my skin. I had told her, though, only to use this in case of emergency. When she needed me.