Magic Woman

I inhaled the air around me, looking for the slightest trail that would possibly lead me to Magic Woman. I found an odd scent and followed it before it disappeared a few feet later. This had happened multiple times now and was beginning to frustrate me.

Gumball’s yellow box began to erupt with a high pitched buzz yet again as he waved it around. My ears twitched uncontrollably each time the noise flooded out of the device, making my lust for punching Gumball even greater. I couldn’t help but nag him but he seemed undisturbed by me, keeping his eyes glued to the device and the notebook in which he wrote measurements every so often.

Even though the trails led nowhere, I continued my sniffing in hopes of setting Fionna free. After about half an hour of searching, Fi finally began to stir in her sleep and soon she opened her bold blue eyes. I was amused to see her in her groggy state, her eyes showing her annoyance in the situation. I stifled a laugh and knocked on the dome, her head instantly shooting in my direction. Fi’s death-like glare was quickly replaced with a contagious smile and I couldn’t stop myself from smiling back.

Fionna stood up and stretched and I noticed she was wearing the fluffy pink sweater Gumball had knitted her awhile back. She followed my gaze and looked down at herself, blushing slightly as she noticed the old like-someone-alot sweater. She looked back up to me and rolled her eyes, a smile still in play on her lips. She yawned as her fingers pried the pink bundle off of her body, her regular blue shirt lifting up slightly underneath.

Gumball caught sight of her movements and watched her as she stuffed the pink bundle back into her bag. She glanced back up at me and quickly made her way to me, the dome being the only thing standing between us. She raised an eyebrow and nudged her head slightly in Gumball’s direction as if to ask why he was here. I sighed and rolled my eyes, telling her my frustration without even saying a word. She giggled slightly, making a smile reappear on my face.

"Fionna are you ok?” Gumball asked, now walking towards the two of us. “You aren't losing any air are you?" he asked, his brows raised and slight terror etched through his voice.

Wait..she could lose air?

Her eyes grew wider but she shook her head. "I'm just a little hungry." she forced out a small laugh, avoiding my questioning eyes.

"You’ll be out of here soon, Fi. We just need to find Magic Woman, she’s the one up to this." I sighed quietly, placing my forehead on the dome.

"Magic Woman?" her head shot up quickly, her eyes darting between Gumball and I both. "You'll never find her," she pouted, "she only comes when unexpected." Fionna turned away and kicked her bag, sending it flying into the opposite side of the dome.

"Fi, it's okay. I'm just trying to find her trail." I reasoned, trying to keep her spirits high.

"We've been doing that for an hour." Gumball mumbled. I shot him a glare and Fionna turned back around, her face full of pain. She sat back down on the grass, putting her head gently on her knees and seemingly taking deep breaths. I watched her intently, wanting to do nothing more than hug her tightly at the moment. Gumball kept his eyes on her as well but we both remained silent, waiting for Fionna’s next move.

“I’ll be fine, guys.” she mumbled, keeping her gaze away from ours. I looked at Gumball and he looked back at me before sighing and turning around, getting back to his job of waving the yellow box around. I looked back to Fi and sat down in front of the dome, guilt flooding my every thought.

“Fi?” I asked quietly.

"Hmm?" she mumbled, still picking at the green grass that surrounded her.

"I'm sorry."

She popped her head up and quickly slid her body forward so that she was now directly in front of me. “It’s not your fault, stupid.” she sighed, her eyes roaming my face. I sighed in return, running both my hands down my face as to clear my emotions.

“I’m so sorry, Fi. We’re going to get you out of here. How hungry are you?” I asked, too guilty to connect my eyes with hers.

"Not ve-" she began, only to be cut off by the sound of her stomach grumbling. I raised my eyebrows to challenge her but she said nothing.

"I'll go to Magic Woman's house, okay? I'll find her, just hang in there." She plopped her face in her hands and remained silent as I stood up. I shifted into my large bat form, gripping my umbrella tightly and giving Fi one last glance before flying out of the forest.

I stood in front of her house, the sky now dark. I folded my umbrella up and tossed it on the grass outside of the beaten old house. I opened the door and looked around to see jars and books covering every inch of the ground. Moon light was the only source of light as it cascaded down through multiple holes in the roof.

"Yo, Magic Woman get out here!." I hissed, my eyes burning red as I scanned the room.

I heard a pop from behind me and soon sparks flew in front of me. I spun around quickly, Magic Woman meeting my gaze. I smirked. This had been easier than expected.

"Well ha ha ha,” she laughed semi-sarcastically. “Marshall Vampire Lee how dandy doo it is to see you!" she recited as she did a lazy back flip. My nose wrinkled at the odd name she called me and her choice of clothing. Before she could move again I pinned her against a wall, her wand and hat immediately falling to the ground.

"Let's take a trip." I said deeply, changing into my biggest bat form and pinning my hand over her mouth to make sure she couldn't say anything. I didn't want to be stuck in the same situation as Fionna.

Before I knew it I was crashing into the forest yet again, knocking down Gumbutt as I landed only a few feet from him.I could feel Magic Woman's breath on my hand and her lips move. I pushed down harder, letting no words escape her mouth.

Gumball stared up at me, his mouth hanging open. His gaze fell to my hand and he scrambled to his feet, running to his bag. He pulled out a yellow wire net, decorated with large blue dots.

"Quickly, open your hand." he ordered. I complied, releasing my grip.

"Mohalt te ha-" Magic Woman quickly recited. Before she could finish, the net was thrown onto her and she crashed to the ground with a thud, the net locking around her body.

"The net," Gumball panted, "doesn't allow her to use magic."

"Let Fionna out of this dome." I yelled to Magic Woman, sitting down to meet the witches gaze. I turned to see Fionna with a killer glare locked on her face. Magic Woman grumbled and sat up, staring at me.

"One condition." she spat out.

"I don't think you're in any place to make conditions." I hissed.

She carried on, avoiding my statement.

"Home."